Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
WI to GA Trip 2013

My family and I just returned from our ATL trip; Kenosha, WI to ATL, GA for 10 days. Stop over cities included:
  1. Indianapolis, IN
  2. Nashville, TN
  3. Atlanta, GA
  4. Sevierville, TN
  5. Cave City, KY
  6. Indianapolis, IN
  7. HOME
All in all it went well. Some lessons learned and one lil "oops" along the way. :-) All went well until we got to Cave City. We have two kids (not including the dog!) ages 13 and 9. I try to give them responsibilities in the step and tear down process so they learn. This time it backfired on me. My son decided to get a snack while on the road in the cabinet under the TV which is behind the slider when moving. Well, he either didn't close the cabinet door or it became ajar. None the less, the "boys" have the outside duties of hooking up water, sewer and electric and the "girls" have inside duties of slides, hot water and the likes. Well, my daughter started putting out the front slide when there was this crack noise. We all stood in our spots seeing what happened. Needless to say, it took the door off it's hinges! (Does anyone know where I can get some replacements??) Easy fix but I was pissed! However, not her fault. I took the blame since it's ultimately my responsibility to clear things before everyone takes on their jobs. So, lesson learned for all!

Then, we were at another site and we went to level the coach. The auto leveler was doing it's thing then flashed it's lights and all stopped. I turned off the coach, turned it back on to have all the yellow lights on the LCI panel blinking. I called up Coach Net and they ran me through some things. Long story short on that one is that there's a trip fuse by the house batteries which kept on popping. I'm not sure why and I'll have the dealer look at it. It seemed like it was pushing the front end too far up (wheels off the ground). Instead of throwing a warning, it popped a fuse. If anyone is curious about where the fuse is at, I can take a picture. Coach Net didn't even know about this one. :-)

The microwave popped off again... we waited approximately 5 mins until it "cooled down". We were defrosting something frozen and it was still half frozen. So, it's not like we over cooked something. None the less, it goes on the list of things under warranty.

I just washed George (it's a him) up and ramping up to leave for Washington D.C. right after July 4th for a couple of weeks. Round trip for ATL was approximately 1,700 miles.

As a side note, my wife bought me the Magellan RV9165T-LM for Father's Day. We used it on this trip on the first leg until it got us totally lost. Thus, that's going back! I did a product review on it already. I just purchased the Garmin RV 760LMT with eco which should be arriving next week in time for our Washington D.C. trip. (This was just announced and released if you didn't see that from Garmin!) Fingers crossed on this one. I'll be reviewing it on this next trip.

Cumming, GA
2013 Georgetown 351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Great trip, good luck with George! We are still learning also.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Let us know on the Garmin, I made the worst $359.00 mistake of my life buying the Rand Mcnally 7710, a peice of pure junk and they will not even speak to you about refund, after three times sent back. I have heard bad about Magellan also. Best of luck. Where are you staying in Washington? I just came back two weeks ago, stayed at the Capitol KOA, in Millersville, Md.
Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
I contemplated the new Rand McNally Good Sam's one but went for the Garmin instead. We're staying at Cherry Hill when we're in D.C. Everyone I've spoken to thus far that has stayed there says "it's the place to be". We shall see... :-)
Cumming, GA
2013 Georgetown 351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote