Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #1

Window rattle in 335DS

We are on our first trip in our 2014 Georgetown 335 heading to Disney. This is our first MH and the driver and passenger windows rattle so bad that it hard to concentrate on the road. If I hold hand against the window it will stop but I can't do that for 1053 miles. Is there a way to tighten the track?
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1387812272.259016.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  6.8 KB
vlevesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #2

Here are some other threads on this problem, you may find the fix you need in the first three.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wind...iverforums.com
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

Thanks Ford Idaho ,I did realize that I could search on this app.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #4

We had the exact same problem on our trip to FL. On one of the stops I grabbed a flat head screw driver and using the palm of my hand as a hammer, I tapped the three window's anti-rattle clips to make the gap a bit smaller. There are three on each side on the rear end of the frame where the sliding window fits in when closed.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlevesque View Post
We are on our first trip in our 2014 Georgetown 335 heading to Disney. This is our first MH and the driver and passenger windows rattle so bad that it hard to concentrate on the road. If I hold hand against the window it will stop but I can't do that for 1053 miles. Is there a way to tighten the track?Attachment 44093
Our 350 did the exact same thing. The dealer tried to adjust it, but nothing worked well - it still rattled at times. I ended up buying a tire tube for a few bucks and cut out about a 2"x2" piece. I then rolled up the piece and shoved it behind the anti-rattle clip so the clip always had a significant amount of pressure behind it. I think I put two rubber pieces in each window. No rattles since. I also had a problem where one of my side shades would squeak constantly. You can adjust the length by twisting the end of one side and the tension by twisting the opposite end. I had to play with it a little, but adjusting the tension tighter while making sure it didn't roll up over itself (by adjusting the length longer) stopped the squeak. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #6

I actually took an old fuel receipt, rolled it up some, then up at the top front of the screen, stuck it between the screen and the rail guide. This did it for me. Yeah, tacky, but when you are driving and it is making you nuts, have to work with what you can.

Just did over a 1000 miles with this in place and was quiet the whole bouncing and jarring way....man, some rough roads out there....
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #7

I had to do the same thing with paper towel. It worked great but looks tacky. Hopefully the dealer can tighten the track or something.