Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #1

Windshield Alignment issues

Fellow Georgetown Owners.

I just took my 2005, 375 to the glass shop for the 2nd time to have my windshield glued back in. This time for both the right and left upper corners. It happens when I level my coach.

The shop repairman told me he thinks the front clip, or cap, is twisted/tweaked and the windshields don't match up.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you get it fixed? I am going to call Camping world and see if they have any suggestions, but you all are such a great resource, I wanted to pass it by you first.

$260.00 each time to get it glued back in is getting old, there are a lot of other things I would like to spend that money on.

Ron Grice
Albany, OR
Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongrice View Post
Fellow Georgetown Owners.

I just took my 2005, 375 to the glass shop for the 2nd time to have my windshield glued back in. This time for both the right and left upper corners. It happens when I level my coach.

The shop repairman told me he thinks the front clip, or cap, is twisted/tweaked and the windshields don't match up.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you get it fixed? I am going to call Camping world and see if they have any suggestions, but you all are such a great resource, I wanted to pass it by you first.

$260.00 each time to get it glued back in is getting old, there are a lot of other things I would like to spend that money on.

Ron Grice
Albany, OR
Hi Ron, my only windshield issue has been the caulk seperating from the rubber seal so I have to reseal it every year. It's not a big problem and there has never been any water infiltration. You might want to contact Mike burns at FR and ask if he knows of any fixes for the problem you are having. Good luck and let us know what his response is.

mburns@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #3

A friend of mine has a SOB motorhome that had windshield problems from day one. After retaining a lawyer he took it back to the factory and they found out the dash was not trimed properly which would not let the glass seal properly. It would pop out while leveling or when the coach would flex.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment