Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #11
Well...washed the rv today and no leaks... then in classic fashion it rains... so far no leaks... happily confused

fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #12
We had a windshield leak that showed at the bottom of the windshield and rotted the dash because it was not visible until it was too late. The rig was under warranty so we got a new dash and the leak was found to be coming from the front clearance lights above the windshield. They would leak a little bit but only when the rain was coming from a certain direction, like driving in the rain. The leak would follow the windshield frame structure and settle at the bottom until it ran onto the dash. Had it fixed a year ago and no leaks since.

2011 Georgetown 378TS in FireMist
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #13
Windshield leak

Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Well nothing for more than a month and several rains then yesterdsy I noticed water present again. This time though I see water on the inside track of the passenger window. Now im confused and wondering if this is the source.

Ive played with the seals and checked the weep holes and cant figure how the inside track would have water but not the outside facing track. unless it drained but during our hard rain earlier this week it had ovrrflowed into the inside and somehow to the dash a bit..just frustrating.

Im going to wash the rv this weekend and see what I find. Starting to have regrets.

I had the same issue with passenger window..up north..when It snowed it would pool on the window tracks then melt and water would dam up he weep holes and flow inside...Here in Florida when we get one of those torrential rainfalls it quickly overwhelms the weep holes and water enters the inside track..I have noticed if I somewhat level the MH it it rarely happens..

Good luck
2010 Georgetown 300FWSSouth Florida
speedjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
Im actually leaning towards the weap holes being the issue. Cleaned those out good and nothing in a long time now. Of course all the caulking might have helped.

I have a 2 week florida trip coming up in november so I hope no issues.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
I had the same problem on the top corners mine is a 2014 had for 3 months but at my dealer have to fite evretime goind there so win ant buy a tube off caulk did my self problem fixe for now

borba is offline   Reply With Quote