Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #1

Windshield leak

I seem to have water coming inside bottom center of the windshield. Through the gasket and then dripping over into the dash. I wonder if it is coming through the top corners outside, running down the gasket seal and the pooling where it would push in.

It appears they may not have had a good seal at the top corners when they put the windshield in and then just put some caulk over it. I cant have it leaking so im going to try to caulk more.

Not a happy camper this morning.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forest River Forums mobile app
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #2

Somebody else reported a leaking windshield but I can't find it???
I THINK the windshield had to be REinstalled.

Sounds like a visit to your dealer for some warranty work, water around the dash...very bad!

Good luck and let us know
ab&jb
Old 06-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #3

i did some work in the same places that it appears the factory caulked. i'm going to relook at it again after work. we have rain coming again the next couple of days so if it is still leaking then it may have been leaking the whole time. i'll have to go back to the dealer at that point.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #4

You really need to have this done under warranty. How else will the builder know that they have a problem with multiple units?
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #5

Our 2008 Georgetown 374 had both front windshields decide to allow the rains in one night while on the road...required full removal and re-installation..no problems since...over three years...good luck
George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #6

I've had the rv since March of last year (they still called it a 2014) and havent had any issues. I have driven in rain and never saw a leak. This is the first big rain of this year that i was in the coach though. We had a ton of rain over the weekend. I'm hoping I dont have to go the warranty route but i will know in the next couple of days as it is supposed to rain again tomorrow.

I will post back with what i find.

thanks guys,
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #7

Lots of rain the last 2 days and no leaks. If there is a issue with the windshield then it's very slight so for now I will keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Lots of rain the last 2 days and no leaks. If there is a issue with the windshield then it's very slight so for now I will keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Best you get that looked after asap. Lots of electronics in the dashboard that probably doesn't like a bath.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #9

2013 337-4 trips to dealer for leaking. Then 2 trips to my house by 2 glass company guys to fix the wind noise. The dealer wrote it up as improperly installed at the factory. Evidently there are 2 sides to the gasket. If the gasket is not flush with the glass and the body of the MH, take it in. It will not fix itself. One piece wind shields are nice looking but can be difficult to fix. Mine cracked when they were taking it out, so I got a new one.
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #10

Well nothing for more than a month and several rains then yesterdsy I noticed water present again. This time though I see water on the inside track of the passenger window. Now im confused and wondering if this is the source.

Ive played with the seals and checked the weep holes and cant figure how the inside track would have water but not the outside facing track. unless it drained but during our hard rain earlier this week it had ovrrflowed into the inside and somehow to the dash a bit..just frustrating.

Im going to wash the rv this weekend and see what I find. Starting to have regrets.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #11

Well...washed the rv today and no leaks... then in classic fashion it rains... so far no leaks... happily confused
Old 08-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #12

We had a windshield leak that showed at the bottom of the windshield and rotted the dash because it was not visible until it was too late. The rig was under warranty so we got a new dash and the leak was found to be coming from the front clearance lights above the windshield. They would leak a little bit but only when the rain was coming from a certain direction, like driving in the rain. The leak would follow the windshield frame structure and settle at the bottom until it ran onto the dash. Had it fixed a year ago and no leaks since.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #13

Windshield leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
Well nothing for more than a month and several rains then yesterdsy I noticed water present again. This time though I see water on the inside track of the passenger window. Now im confused and wondering if this is the source.

Ive played with the seals and checked the weep holes and cant figure how the inside track would have water but not the outside facing track. unless it drained but during our hard rain earlier this week it had ovrrflowed into the inside and somehow to the dash a bit..just frustrating.

Im going to wash the rv this weekend and see what I find. Starting to have regrets.

I had the same issue with passenger window..up north..when It snowed it would pool on the window tracks then melt and water would dam up he weep holes and flow inside...Here in Florida when we get one of those torrential rainfalls it quickly overwhelms the weep holes and water enters the inside track..I have noticed if I somewhat level the MH it it rarely happens..

Good luck
Old 09-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #14

Im actually leaning towards the weap holes being the issue. Cleaned those out good and nothing in a long time now. Of course all the caulking might have helped.

I have a 2 week florida trip coming up in november so I hope no issues.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #15

I had the same problem on the top corners mine is a 2014 had for 3 months but at my dealer have to fite evretime goind there so win ant buy a tube off caulk did my self problem fixe for now
borba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak