Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
Todd & Sherry

Windshield Screens

Hi All,

I’m considering ordering a set of privacy screens for my RV 05 GT370XL (3 pc set) & curious if any of you guys already have these?

also;

1. are you satisfied with the brand chosen?
2. did you get standard color or coordinate with color of RV
3. if you do have them, care to post some pictures

Thank you & have a safe day!
Todd
WeekNdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

I have them on my 2008 370 Georgtown . don't know the brand right now as it is in storage! I really like them as no one can see in but you can see out with no problem!😀
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1452625469.635797.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	97675  
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #3

What brand are you looking at?
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #4

We have a magne shade easy to install and no holes to drill in body, very nice unit. Sorry no pics.

kdcamper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #5

I have them on mine and love them. Believe mine are Sunguards. Kind of a pain to put them on. Best to get the bugs off your windshield first and then put them on. I usually only put mine on when I'm somewhere for an extended stay. Easy to see through after dark if you have an interior light on.

Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #6

Just checked and mine are Sunguard!
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #7
Mature Citizen

X3 on the Sunguard. They work very well in the daytime but you can see through them at night. You need a ladder to get them on but well worth the time and money if staying for a couple of days or more. The RV Toy store often has sales if you wait until the right time. Here is the link: RV Accessory Store - RV TOY STORE - RV Windshield Covers, Tow Bars and more. For all your RV accessory needs, shop us and save!

Darlene, Ralph and Pippin
LTC (USA Retired), W7TLD
2023 - 199 days, 6966 miles
2013 - 2019 - 901 days & 37171 miles
2013 Georgetown XL 378 TS, 2014 Honda CRV
downeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:05 PM   #8

We ended up going with an inside shade vs outside, and held on with suction cups. Works awesome, we have one for the front windshield and one for the driver and passenger side windows.
We also picked up the windshield visor - not for the front, but for the sides, you can put them on when you are traveling and they help block the sun.

RV Recreational Vehicle Window Shades Blinds Curtains RVQuickShades.com

They can be cut to size - we shortened the ones for the side windows, but didn't have to do anything for the windshield.
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:32 AM   #9

We use the internal ones from RV Quickshades as well and have been very happy with them.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #10

I previously had custom shades fabricated for my first coach near McAllen TX. There are several places in the area that will measure and fabricate for a very fair price. However these required adding snaps and or the larger toggles on the coach to fasten the shades to the coach and also required use of a ladder. When I purchased my 2013 378 I started looking for a solution without drilling into the coach. I am using a product called "magna shade" from a company out of north Carolina. A little pricey as compared to the other ones I had but well worth the money in my opinion. Check out their web site at www.magneshade.com they have pictures on their web site. I really like being able to put on the shade very quickly without a ladder. They have a telescoping pole to use and no drilling holes in your coach is required.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #11
Todd & Sherry

Wow thank you all for responding - great info, i was considering ShadePro due to the color selection. Our 370XL is blue/white - felt same color shades as the coach would be cool & unique.

Seeing gman55 pic's of his rv in the black; really sharp and will consider that color & brand. Magnashade may be a good option also since there are no holes & no ladders involved. I ordered some sample material in the blue from ShadePro to see how it looks & go from there.

Thanks Again!
Todd from WV - 05 GT370XL F53
WeekNdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 AM   #12

We went with Quickshades installs on the inside with suction cup and holds great. Also if it rains you don't have to worry about putting up a wet shade always dry. Whoever you chose they are well worth it.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #13

I've heard nothing but good feed back on the Magna Shades. If I full timed and was parked for extended periods that's the product I'd go with for sure. ChrisnGarren thanks for the link for Quickshades! When I get my rig out of winter storage I think I'll be ordering at least the side shades. Boy sometimes tooling down the road the sun gets mighty hot through the side windows. May consider the windshield shade too if I'm in the mood to spend even more $$$ lol! Checked out the link to RV Toy Store for various products and they seem pricy and a lot of stuff.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
I've heard nothing but good feed back on the Magna Shades. If I full timed and was parked for extended periods that's the product I'd go with for sure. ChrisnGarren thanks for the link for Quickshades! When I get my rig out of winter storage I think I'll be ordering at least the side shades. Boy sometimes tooling down the road the sun gets mighty hot through the side windows. May consider the windshield shade too if I'm in the mood to spend even more $$$ lol! Checked out the link to RV Toy Store for various products and they seem pricy and a lot of stuff.
You'll be amazed how well they work (the short ones) when driving - no more sun in my eyes from the sides. We did buy 2 extra for the front windshield, but haven't needed them due to the tint (plus, we apparently mostly drive North and South so only need the side ones....!)

They shipped super quick and were easy to put up - the first time takes a little longer because you need to install the suction cups as appropriate for your vehicle, but after that it's a breeze. Would recommend having an awl or small phillips screwdriver when installing the suction cups, you have to make/widen a hole in the screen material and it's much easier if you use something pointy. Learned from experience.....!

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #15
Kanadian Kamper

WeekNdr (or anyone else)

Here's the link to another great brand that doesn't need any drilling into the RV body or screws for attaching.

RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing

They have a variety of colors and you don't need a ladder to attach to your rig.

They were at the Tampa RV Show last week, and their factory is in Winter Haven Florida. Great people. Prices are comparable to others.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #16

Look good kenandterry! The more products to choose from the better off we are! I'm talking about winter storage and you guys are talking Tampa (and warm I assume), you make me sad.....waiting for Spring and playing with my rig and CAMPING!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just curious, but our Georgetown came with interior shades front and sides. Those that have added shades, I'm guessing didn't? Is there any benefit to adding an exterior shade for heat transfer through the windshield? At this point, i'm not really interested in being able to see out.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Just curious, but our Georgetown came with interior shades front and sides. Those that have added shades, I'm guessing didn't? Is there any benefit to adding an exterior shade for heat transfer through the windshield? At this point, i'm not really interested in being able to see out.

I think most newer GT's have the interior blinds. Use those at night. Exterior shades are primarily for daytime privacy. Can see out, but no one can see in.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post

I think most newer GT's have the interior blinds. Use those at night. Exterior shades are primarily for daytime privacy. Can see out, but no one can see in👍👍

Old 02-06-2016, 11:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdcamper View Post
We have a magne shade easy to install and no holes to drill in body, very nice unit. Sorry no pics.

kdcamper

I have been thinking of getting the Magne Shades for our 2016 Georgetown XL 369 DS. My reason is with the interior, installed shades is that there is a space between the front and side shades. At night, with the interior lights on, the interior is visible from the outside through this small gap. Also, the tinted entry door window may as well be made of clear glass at night. Can any one who is using the Magne Shade tell me if these shades will prevent visibility from the outside at night with interior lights on?

I have posted elsewhere in the forum and was told the interior was visible at night, but I would like that confirmed by someone who uses this brand.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote