Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
Happily Retired Member

I have. 378ts and just purchased a Wineguard Pathway X2. I tried to use the cable port on the right side compartment next to the door but could not figure out where it goes inside. I would have thought it would have been t'ed into the left rear cable port that is in the power cable door. Nope not the case, so I used the normal cable connector in the rear. I added a T right behind the TV switch box in the front upper right compartment. That way I don't have to remove the coax from the box when I want to go to the dish. So now the coax goes from the dish through the MH and I run the coax from the T behind the tv switch box to the satellite receiver that sits on a small table right behind the passenger seat. I installed a HDMI cable to the back of the TV, plug in the cable and I am all set with HD Satallite TV.
To get to the back of the TV you will have to remove the top and bottom screws on the TV brackets. I have had problems in the past with the input cables on the TV getting pulled part way out with the MH bouncing down the road, so I use a piece of good sticky foil tape and taped them the the TV so they can!t work free. The nice thing about the Pathway x2 is it is powered through the coax so no other power needs to go to the dish. Someday maybe Georgetown will get with the times and set up with
HD type cables.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #12

Mickeystamper, How did you get HDMI cables to the back of your TV? Can't believe FR didn't install.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 12-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #13

Winegard Carryout G2 connects where?

I bought a wireless HDMI transmitter. It has 2 inputs and 2 outputs. 1 input from my Direct receiver and the other input to the DVD Blueray player. As for the outputs one is run to a splitter then to the living room TV and then to the out side TV. The wireless is transmitted to the bedroom TV. Set up in less than 30 minutes including taking out of the box. No setup programming needed for the transmitter.
Now I get HDMI on all 3 TV's including the outside TV.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #14

Winegard Carryout G2 connects where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I bought a wireless HDMI transmitter. It has 2 inputs and 2 outputs. 1 input from my Direct receiver and the other input to the DVD Blueray player. As for the outputs one is run to a splitter then to the living room TV and then to the out side TV. The wireless is transmitted to the bedroom TV. Set up in less than 30 minutes including taking out of the box. No setup programming needed for the transmitter.
Now I get HDMI on all 3 TV's including the outside TV.

What kind and where did you get your wireless transmitters? Can you view different channels at the same time on all three TV's?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
Happily Retired Member

Krazymace I removed the TV retaining screws, tilted the TV forward and plugged into HDMI port one. I made sure it was secure with the super sticker foil tape, then once the TV was resecured, I just roll up the HDMI cable when not in use and stick it next to the TV leaving it plugged in.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #16

I bought mine at B&H photo online. The omega brand has different models and some would allow you to view two different channels on two different TV's. I have posted the model that I bought on this forum before with pictures.
You can find a lot of info on YouTube by entering wireless HDMI transmitter with reviews.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #17
Happily Retired Member

Wrapperman good idea. With my set up I only get reception to the main TV, but it is just me and the wife so it is not an issue. For future plans I may have to think about your plan.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #18

Good info. Thanks wrapperman.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #19
Happily Retired Member

Wrapperman, do you have more than one receiver or can all three TV's just play the same channel ?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #20

The model I have is a 2 input and 1 HDMI output. The unit is a wireless transmitter. The TV in the bedroom has the HDMI receiver so it will pick up the signal from the transmitter. It only does 1 channel at a time. Omega has another model that can transmit 2 or more channels so you can watch two programs at one time wirelessly. You would have to look at its specs to see if that is what you need.
If you want more ideas look at YouTube and search wireless HDMI transmitters.
Let us know what you came up with.

Tags
winegard