Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #1

Winterized my coach today

Surprised to already have possible sub freezing weather tonight. Forecasted low temp is the lowest in almost 20 years for this date. Our area forecast is only 32 but our neighborhood is at lower elevation and often is 2 to 4 degrees lower than the tv calls for. So hooked up the compressor and blew out the lines, etc. Brought plants in from the pool area too. Can't complain tho compared to what so many areas are having to cope with. Grew up in Wisconsin so I know what real winter feels like. Hope no Forest River folks are on the road trying to head south in this!
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

I'm sure the people up north don't feel very sorry for us. I left plenty of heat running in mine last night and poured some antifreeze in the drains. Supposed to get down to 23 here tonight. We are a little inland from Charleston, but the temps here are on track to be the lowest on this date in over 100 years.
Good news is supposed to be back up in 60's and 70's in the next few days

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #3

i got back from a 2 week trip to florida on sunday. i managed to get everything packed out, winterized and covered by 4pm and then the snow hit. Now i've had the flu the last 3 days. I should have stayed south. :P
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
i got back from a 2 week trip to florida on sunday. i managed to get everything packed out, winterized and covered by 4pm and then the snow hit. Now i've had the flu the last 3 days. I should have stayed south. :P
I had a terrible bout of flu a few years back. Developed pnuemonia and spent a week in hospital. Get a flu shot every year now!
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I had a terrible bout of flu a few years back. Developed pnuemonia and spent a week in hospital. Get a flu shot every year now!
X2
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize