Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #1

Winterized my FR 360 fresh water system today

Found the water heater bypass valves thanks to a post on here ( they are tucked away behind the water heater and access is thru a removeable port. Used a screw in plug/air hose combo that I got at Camping World. Drained all the tanks, and blew out the lines with 30psi per the FR manual. Installed a new anode and added rv anti freeze to the p traps and some in each holding tank. Usually don't have to bother here in the Tampa area but they are predicting a possible hard freeze mid week and I wanted to learn the procedure any way. So between the oil change/ lube job and winterizing I'm good until spring has sprung and fun begins.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Just a reminder Bill. Be sure to remove all of the antifreeze from the water lines before you open the by-pass to the water heater. Your new anode rod will be effected by it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #3

We lived in Clermont, north east of Tampa, and you are right about hard freezing every couple of years. The good news is that it usually doesn't last long. However, we did lose a water line on our house one year so the threat is definitely there. Have you camped at Hillsborough State Park? That's our favorite place to camp.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Just a reminder Bill. Be sure to remove all of the antifreeze from the water lines before you open the by-pass to the water heater. Your new anode rod will be effected by it.

Since I used air to blow the lines clear I didn't put antifreeze in the fresh water system, only in the drains (p traps) of sinks and shower and some in gray and black holding tanks.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
We lived in Clermont, north east of Tampa, and you are right about hard freezing every couple of years. The good news is that it usually doesn't last long. However, we did lose a water line on our house one year so the threat is definitely there. Have you camped at Hillsborough State Park? That's our favorite place to camp.

We have two woodsy acres and keep our coach at home here in Fla during the winter Al. We usually don't camp in Florida. Almost every other state tho. We do camp near friends to visit near Gainsville and the panhandle area on our way north.

Tags
fresh water, water, winter, winterize