Old 10-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #1

Winterizing

I've drained the water heater and bypassed it emptied all the tanks and have put any freeze throughout the code via the winterizing kit hooked to the water pump. I'm not sure what to do with the freshwater,city water, and black tank flush inlets. I searched and one post suggested removing the screen and pushing on the check valve just inside the inlet To allow antifreeze out. That doesn't seem to Work. Not sure how to protect these lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	189529  

Old 10-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #2

That worked for me on the city water fill. I didnít release the pressure with the inside faucet though as the directions said. Just be careful to stay to the side as it comes out pretty quick.

BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
Site Team

Did you blow air through your lines?
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

Only release a small amount of pressure. If you try to press in the valve under "FULL" pressure...you can blow the O-ring right out of that valve. I've repaired several....that's how I know. Another trick is to press in the valve and hold it while another person cycles the pump switch a couple times to blow it out.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #5

No I didnít blow air through the lines.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Did you blow air through your lines?
No I didn't. I got it to work but pink not flowing out of fresh water tank outlet, but a fair amount of clear water did. the city water started with water then quickly turned pink. I could cycle more pink through the pump and try the fresh valve again.
thanks for your responses
Old 10-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #7

Not sure if youíll get antifreeze from the fresh water fill. I think it goes directly in to the fresh tank. It probably isnít tied in to the plumbing the same way as the city water hookup. Iím guessing youíd have to fill the tank with antifreeze to get it out of there.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks View Post
No I didn't. I got it to work but pink not flowing out of fresh water tank outlet, but a fair amount of clear water did. the city water started with water then quickly turned pink. I could cycle more pink through the pump and try the fresh valve again.
thanks for your responses
Interesting. You are one of the few people I've ever heard that pumps AF through the lines without blowing air first. Usually it's a mix of people that use air only or use air and AF.

Anyway, as mentioned above, you shouldn't get any pink out of your freshwater drain. It's typically not recommended to put any in there anyway.

I was going to suggest that you simply blow out each of the 3 inlets for a few seconds. That should take care of any residual water that might be in there.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Interesting. You are one of the few people I've ever heard that pumps AF through the lines without blowing air first. Usually it's a mix of people that use air only or use air and AF.

Anyway, as mentioned above, you shouldn't get any pink out of your freshwater drain. It's typically not recommended to put any in there anyway.

I was going to suggest that you simply blow out each of the 3 inlets for a few seconds. That should take care of any residual water that might be in there.
Since 2007, I've never blown air thru my lines and just let the AF push the water out.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #10

Iím not saying this is the only way to winterize, but Mark Polk is a renowned expert in the RV field. He has done seminars all over the country on just about anything RV. Not to mention, just google ďrveducation 101Ē. By the way, I am in no way officially associated with Mark.

Hereís his step by step for winterizing using antifreeze only.

Just sayin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012F2DB0-4BDE-4583-9D45-D7EC12BF17A7.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	189575  

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags