Old 10-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #1

Winterizing 328 TSF Residential Refridgerator

Need some help.

We're getting reading to winterize our 2014 Georgetown 328 TSF. Winterizing the Coach is the easy part. A while back someone had shared a thread on how to winterize the fridge. It indicated that under the sink there is a shutoff valve/waterline leading to the the fridge. Well, ours is not located there..

If I was a betting man, I think the supply line is behind the fridge and doesn't not appear to be accessible. I blew out the lines the best I could, yet no water or air came out the water dispenser.

So, where do I go from here? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2012 Jayco Eagle Supe Lite 308 RETS (Seasonal Site)
2013 Jeep Rubicon with Mods..
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
RJJ

I have a 329 and have to pull out the bottom pantry door beside the fridge to access the water shut off. It is a pull up/push down type of shut off. Yours is in there somewhere, not always in a logical location. Good luck.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox

Old 10-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
I have a 329 and have to pull out the bottom pantry door beside the fridge to access the water shut off. It is a pull up/push down type of shut off. Yours is in there somewhere, not always in a logical location. Good luck.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox

Yep. I found an access panel on the back wall of the pantry (lower drawer). Low and behold there's the shut off valve.

Now I just need to find a bypass filter for the fridge and blow out that water line.

Sunday she gets winterized.

Thanks
John & Janine
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
Old 10-28-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
RJJ

Glad you found it, under the sink would make more sense. I've thought about relocating the shut off. Then I get down on the floor, pull out the pantry door and look at the little space to work and decide it's fine where it is. :-)

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Old 10-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Glad you found it, under the sink would make more sense. I've thought about relocating the shut off. Then I get down on the floor, pull out the pantry door and look at the little space to work and decide it's fine where it is. :-)

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox

Curious. How hard would it be to remove that drawer (wine holder) from the track. It's kind of awkward working over top of that drawer.
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #6

I had same problem, only with turning on water supply to fridge. FR seem to enjoy hiding them where you least expect it to be. I called FR 5 times and got 5 different answers. I finally just tore all the panels off in the storage compartment and traced all the water lines to where they were heading. I figured them all out except one and figured that had to be the one that lead to the fridge. But still couldn't find shut off valve. So I went inside camper and started pulling out drawers and paneling. Finally found it below pantry. They provide an entry panel that had 2 screws holding panel in place. Trouble was they not only screwed it in place, they also glued the panel in place. So I removed sliding door and assest it from the top of valve. You would think if someone was to build more than one camper they could be more routine in how they did it. Plus if you are going to spend $90k+ on a camper, they could at least provide an owners manual with some of these questions answered. Of coarse they would then have to make them all the same.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2424 View Post
I had same problem, only with turning on water supply to fridge. FR seem to enjoy hiding them where you least expect it to be. I called FR 5 times and got 5 different answers. I finally just tore all the panels off in the storage compartment and traced all the water lines to where they were heading. I figured them all out except one and figured that had to be the one that lead to the fridge. But still couldn't find shut off valve. So I went inside camper and started pulling out drawers and paneling. Finally found it below pantry. They provide an entry panel that had 2 screws holding panel in place. Trouble was they not only screwed it in place, they also glued the panel in place. So I removed sliding door and assest it from the top of valve. You would think if someone was to build more than one camper they could be more routine in how they did it. Plus if you are going to spend $90k+ on a camper, they could at least provide an owners manual with some of these questions answered. Of coarse they would then have to make them all the same.

I couldn't agree more. Fortunately on the 328 there is a White Portal Cap that unscrews in the bottom back wall of the pantry. If I can remove the drawer it would be easier to reach the valve.

Thanks.
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
Old 10-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsx2 View Post
Curious. How hard would it be to remove that drawer (wine holder) from the track. It's kind of awkward working over top of that drawer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446059878.037161.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	93082

If your drawers are like mine, pull it out as far as it will go. Then lift up on little black plastic pieces that are located on each side in the drawer track. Do them both at the same time as you pull the drawer out past its "stops". Should then come all the way out. It was a bit tricky to reinstall, but just a matter of getting it lined up correctly.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Old 10-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Attachment 93082

If your drawers are like mine, pull it out as far as it will go. Then lift up on little black plastic pieces that are located on each side in the drawer track. Do them both at the same time as you pull the drawer out past its "stops". Should then come all the way out. It was a bit tricky to reinstall, but just a matter of getting it lined up correctly.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox

That's exactly what I thought. These drawers are inside the pantry door. I did not see that tab. I'll take a closer look at it this weekend.

Thanks for all of your help.

2014 Georgetown 328 TSF

Tags
fridge, winter, winterize