Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

Winterizing georgtown 350xl

This will be my 1st attempt.
1. Does the 350 XL have a water heater bypass valve and if so, where.
2. Does the the 350xl have an anti-freeze intake siphon and if so where and if not, how do I get the anti freeze in?
3. Do I need to do anything to the Grey / Black tanks beside dumping?
SemperFi3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #2

My 337DS has a bypass behind the water heater. You have to remove the inspection plates on the plastic water heater housing box to get to it. Drain the water heater and leave the plug out.
Getting the antifreeze in is easy with a pump from Camping world. I think mine was 19.95 last year. I found it easier and cheaper to blow out the system with air and just put AF in the sink drains. Black and gray tanks should be clean and empty and leave the dump valves open so the drain lines don't freeze.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #3

I have a 2008 Georgetown 373 and get to the water heater bypass from under the water heater. There is a round approx. 4 in. disc to unscrew. Need a flashlight because it is difficult to find under there! My antifreeze intake hose is behind a long panel that is above the propane tank just to the right of the fresh water tank. I fill a bucket with about 3 bottles of RV antifreeze so I do not have to run back and forth between sinks and changing out antifreeze bottles. I figure if I run enough antifreeze through the lines into drains/stool/holding tanks it will be a little added insurance against any possible freezing in holding tanks. If holding tanks are drained properly my last step is probably overkill. Good luck. Thanks to all our Vets on Veterans Day.
Navigator - Gail
Louie & Cleo - Jack Russell's (Rulers of the Roost)
Fore Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #4

I have a 350XL as well. Winterizing is very easy and takes only a few minutes.
1. The hot water tank bypass is located under the hot water tank compartment. It's a round screw cap under the coach. Open it, turn the 3 valves 90 degrees from current position. Don't forget to empty hot water tank by unscrewing cap on the front of the hot water heater.
2. The anti-freeze syphon is in the same bay as the fresh water tank. Just pull out the hose and turn the valve on that hose. Don't forget to unscrew the two low point drains. Mine takes only about 1-2 gallons for the entire coach. Use pump to get anti-freeze thru all water lines (sinks, shower, toilet). Make sure you run enought to fill up p-traps in each.
3. I pour about a 1/2 gallon of anti-freeze into each of the grey and black tanks.
4. Add fuel stabilizer, run the gen and engine for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove coach batteries (don't storage them on metal or concrete - drains batteries).
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #5

Be sure to take the filter out of the water filter if you have one. The tast
e of anti freeze is hard to get out of a water filter. I speak from experience.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #6

winterizing

By now you have most likely located the bypass valves. This is for me the most depressing time of the year, just finished covering my 360 Xl.

Now for planning next seasons adventures.
Bill m is offline   Reply With Quote