Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #1

Winterizing my 2010 GT 350 TS

Against my better judgement I have returned home to Canada and as you might expect I feel the need to winterize my coach in case we get some last minute winter weather. I have closed the HWT bypass, drained the hot water tank and pumped the "pink stuff" through the system but I wanted to also drain the fresh water holding tank. Where do I find the low point drain? There are a cluster of pipes that terminate just below the base of the coach under the compartment that holds the fresh water tank. However, they seem to originate from somewhere near the top of the holding tank and when I opened one of them all I succeeded in doing was to drain out of some of my waterline antifreeze. Is there a drain for the freshwater tank? Can you tell me where it is located?
Thanks for your feedback.
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

The fresh water tank drain should be in the Propane compartment. There will be 2 lines in there along with the tank vent line. One line has a two way valve with a plug screwed in the end and a cap on the side. The other line has only a cap on it. I believe the one with the valve is the fresh water tank drain. If you get antifreeze immediately then it's the other one.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice Charlie. I'll check in the propane bay next time I'm out where I store the coach.
Lloyd
Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

Hi Charlie
Maybe you have a different coach model than I do. I scoured the Propane bay and there are no water lines of any kind that I could see. Just the propane tank and the slide/leveler jack pump and hydraulic fluid resevoir. Any other ideas?
Oh well its almost spring and it will soon be time to refill the water tanks anyway. I'm going to leave it for a few more days though as Calgary Alberta is getting a foot of snow today and here in Vancouver they are saying we could get some sleet so maybe my statement about them arrival of spring is premature.
Lloyd
Old 04-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Anacortesians

Lloyd:

When I went to winterize my 02 GT325, I couldn't find a potable water tank drain either. In the end, I ran the water pump into the kitchen sink until no more water came out. I used an air compressor attcahed to the city water inlet and blew through all the faucet lines and the toilet line until no more water came out.

I drained the water heater by removing the anode rod. Then I went to the dump station and emptied both the holding tanks. I just put the pink stuff in the p-traps, on the assumption all the supply lines were empty of water.

I think the coastal plain is probably free of frost by now. Although they had snow in Bellingham yesterday, the temp was about 37F.

I've been sidelined by a lumbar disk problem that needed surgery, so our season will start later than anticipated this year. A month of physiotherapy starts next week. Hope to be out by the first wek of June, or maybe a week earlier.

BTW, there's a NW Region Meet & Greet of iRV2 website members in Anacortes, May 12 - 15. Would you be interested? We'll be going in as day visitors, since we live about 4 miles from the campground where it's being held. Check "irv2.com/forums" to find details.