Winterizing Residential Instructions from Frigidaire
Finally received instructions on how to winterize the refrigerator for those of you with the residential type:
1) Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator at least 24 hours before winterizing the unit.
2) Remove all food and beverages from the refrigerator.
3) Engage the ice maker to purge all of the cubes. When the last load of ice made from the water stored in the unit drops, turn off the ice maker. Lift the handle or flip the switch to "OFF" inside of the freezer.
4) Turn all temperature setting controls to "OFF."
5) Disconnect the refrigerator from the water supply line with an adjustable wrench. Expel the excess water through the water spout if you have an ice maker. Locate and remove the water filter.
6) Clean and dry the unit thoroughly. Place an open box of baking soda on one of the refrigerator shelves.
7) Open the doors of the refrigerator and prop them open with blocks of wood. Unplug the unit to complete the process.
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune