Old 12-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #11
We have an XL 378 and tow a 2008 Honda CR-V. Tows it like there is nothing behind it. Going through the Ozarks it pull earlier 50 up any hill while towing. Haven't done any mountain climbing but we are never in a big hurry.
We love the floor plan. Would have liked a diesel but I believe in buying something you can comfortably pay cash for.
The dealer here is very good and Forest River has stood behind everything we needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #12
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I would buy an other Georgetown but not from the same dealer.
I have better service from dealers away from home then from the selling dealer.
Forest River in Elkhart are great as well.

2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #13
Thanks again for the replies. A little about myself: I've owned pop up campers, 5th wheels, a class C Four Winds, and now a Cherokee 39R park model. I'm looking to get back on the road soon. So, I am familiar with the RV experience.

Years ago the gas models weren't comparable to diesel pushers. Some of the newer gassers like the Georgetown are built on heavier chassis and appear to be better suited for longer distances or extended use.

With all that being said, do you think that the Georgetown would suffice for snowbirds or would it be better to look at a used DP?
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #14
We love our 378XL and are currently heading to FL for the winter. We full time and all is great. Love the MH and as everyone has stated the key is the dealership they will make it a happy experience or a dreaded one. I would buy another one in a heart beat.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378XL
2015 Ford Taurus
Our Baby Dachshund
ramair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #15
All I'll say to myself.......

"If you can't say something nice
Don't say anything at all"

jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #16
DB, I was wondering why you felt you had to upgrade to a DP to pull your car....I have the smaller of the GT's, a 280DS, I needed it to fit in my driveway.....we just came back from a 5500 mile trip coast to coast pulling an HHR with my V10 and had no problems with pulling or breaking. It has an 18,000lb capacity, we are at about 16,000 and the HHR weighs about 3000 so essentially we are only towing 1000lbs. Granted the DP will pull anything if you want to pay the price but do you have too??

WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #17
We're thinking about the 377 XL model. Does anyone have that one or the 378 XL to compare?

Thanks for all your opinions. It really does help!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #18
Ramair, I noticed that you have the 378 model. Tell me more about pros and cons during your ownership?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #19
We enjoy ours

I am a research junkie. I did lots of homework on options, capabilities, durability and finally price.

Years ago had a popup, travel trailer and class C. After retiring 5 years ago, we criss crossed the USA and Canada to the tune of 350,000 miles in our large SUV (we are retired US Army and have stayed in BOQs from Key West to Kodiak). But we decided we start spending more time in one place and bought a well appointed travel trailer. Loved it immediately and decided to make the jump up to a Class A. Enter the research junkie part.

Almost bought the 378XL but with all of our grandchildren (16 grands/great grands) decided to go with the bunk beds of the 351DS based on bunk arrangement. Again we loved it.

Major factors in the decision.

1. Gasser vs Diesel Pusher. Initial cost of the gasser is less. On going cost of repairs for the gasser are less. While not as powerful as the DP the V-10 Triton is equal to task - though a bit noisier (hey we are retired - and don't hurry). Handling is okay after paying close attention to tire pressure and doing Cheap Handling Fix - but air ride is simply air ride. We spend a lot of time in our coach home and love it. Would love to have the DP but we also have wonderful and spacious home - so our coach is our home away from home.

2. One piece roof - bigger deal than most dealers give credit to. No seams, fewer leaks.

3. Options. 378XL is way more luxurious than the 351DS but we traded for the bunks and about $10k.

4. Fit and finish. Hey you are buying a home that heads down the road on tires at about 50-70 MPH. Stuff loosens up some and begins to rattle - you tighten it up and move on. It is a house and with any other new house - you have a punch list. Fix it BEFORE taking ownership - it is the largest leverage you have. Fight the urge to "head on down the road", take the time or divorce the dealer. If you've got a dealer that is concerned AFTER the sale - you are in the minority.

5. Finally enjoy and come back here to the forums for help/sharing. You will need it and there is a ton of experience available here. You will find very capable, experienced, well mannered (for the most part) owners.

So yep - we'd buy our FR again. While they are a mass producer of an individually built product and a pain in the butt at times - the product is enjoyable. If you want perfect go to Weston, if you want great family time and enjoy making the travel part of the experience buy your coach. Forest River - dollar for dollar - is solid.

Hope the epistle helps.
US Army - Retired and loving it with our Georgetown 351DS and now our Thor Challenger 37TB.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #20
I have a 2008 370 Georgetown. I pull a Ford Flex on a dolly to Florida every year for 2 months. No problems at all!

gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote