Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #41

Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xact1 View Post
Thanks for the informative replies so far!

Does anyone pull a toad with the Georgetown?
My GT pulls my 2011 Ford Escape with ease. Going up long, steep grades I pass DPs all the time. I drive 60 MPH or so, never a problem.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #42

Cler-b I also buy from rv Canada no services at all the keep saying is forest river but??? I pick up my 378xl on the 3/11/1014 one of the back lights was burn still waiting its my second MH in one year my other one was a 335 was in the shop most of the sumer in and out so I decided to upgrade I give a second chance I love my MHbut never buy another forest river again the problem here is this rv Canada owns every rv dealer here in Ottawa diferents names but same owner sucks my mestake shoud never take passion till was fix live and learn
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #43

We have owned the 378 xl for a year and been full timing since June. We love the rv. We pull a Jeep Wrangler and have no issues with power traveling through some steep climbs and decents in TX, NM, AZ, UT, and CO. It can get loud on the climb but the money saved up front on the gasser and at the pump make it no big deal. 13000 miles so far. Most problems have been self inflicted and righted with the help of this forum. The minor issues that we had were under warranty were taken care of by the dealer. The best thing about the 378 is the floor plan. We weren't sure about living in a small space coming out of a 3300 sq ft home but we feel very comfortable. Hanging out in TX with family for the holidays. Then its off to Mardi Gras and on to Key West.

2014 GT 378 XL
jeffv003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #44

We bought a 2014 377XL in Elkhart the end of July. We've since traveled to Maine and now we're in Florida. Our toad is a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. So far, we're very happy with everything. The only minor issues have been a minor slide adjustment and a microwave recall (not done yet). A friend bought a 378XL the same week and had a number of issues with floor tile, windshield leaks, door adjustments, etc. he had over 20 maintenance issues. Must have been built on the half day before a holiday:-). We're living full time in ours, and as I said, we're very happy with it so far. Time will tell if we stay that way. Just a heads up, the 377 is really designed as a two person coach.
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #45

We love our 2014 351, when everything works. In our first year of ownership is has been at the dealer addressing warranty issues or otherwise unavailable to us because of warranty repairs a total of six weeks. I understand the whole "it's a house on wheels, things always break the first year" thing, but for our measure, way too much has gone wrong in our first year of ownership. Among other issues, all of the graphics have to replaced because they are lifting; the fiberglass radius curves on the roof are cracking and need to be repaired; the entry door must be replaced because it continually binds when the coach is leveled; The fridge quit working, one of the roof AC's quit, the driver side wiper arm had to be replaced, and the living room slide motor has been replaced twice. There were other issues, but those are the most significant.

All the while, FR has been sensitive and responsive to all the issues, but at the end of the day, we've had too many headaches with this coach.

It seems that we may be in the minority - that most folks have had mostly good luck w/ their coaches - and hopefully that is true. I can only speak to our personal experience.

I don't think FR is a bad company - and we consider the Legacy DP on our short list for the future. I would certainly hope for better luck with the Legacy than with our Georgetown.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #46
WhoDoMan

I have a 2014 377xl have had it for 3 weeks now. Weare very pleased. We pull a 2015 Jeep Wrangler sport with no problems.
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #47

I had a 2007 Georgetown 373 I just traded it in and bought a Tiffin Allegro Open Road with a Ford V10
The Georgetown just had too many things go wrong.
The fit and finish.....not so good
The furniture wore out way too soon, no help from company
celing started to sag
and to keep this post short a few outher things
had to be fixed.
I'm sure they are building them better now, maybe
But they lost a customer with me.
Tiffin has way better service.
Good luck with your choice.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #48

We owned our 2014 351 DS for a year now and enjoyed our time with it. We had the "as to be expected" issues with it but one visit to the dealer took care of the list. We had some appliance issues too but dealt directly with Frigidaire on that. We are now actively selling our rig it as we only planned a 1 year ownership with it but surprised at low interest in our model (or maybe it is time of year?). I would recommend FR as we have friends with other makers coaches and for the money it cannot be beat. The fit and finish is once again best bang for the buck. There is always something nicer but once again consider the costs and how you will use the purchase. Lastly what equipment you need or can not be without. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo bamboo View Post
I had a 2007 Georgetown 373 I just traded it in and bought a Tiffin Allegro Open Road with a Ford V10
The Georgetown just had too many things go wrong.
The fit and finish.....not so good
The furniture wore out way too soon, no help from company
celing started to sag
and to keep this post short a few outher things
had to be fixed.
I'm sure they are building them better now, maybe
But they lost a customer with me.
Tiffin has way better service.
Good luck with your choice.
Hello jojo bamboo; no I don't think I bye a Georgetown anymore first of all
our dealer rv canada don't do any warranty they make you wait then it's over with the warranty a real crook, MR Butler the owner really know how to do it he bought every dealers around so now he has the monopoly, so is the only dealer in Ottawa Canada, quality their is thinks to fix but since I don't have a dealer that respect the Warranty I do it myself I was a tradesman all my life so I can fix almost anything if I need something to be fix I go to a shop and they are just as good as any rv dealer,
cler-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cler-b View Post
Hello jojo bamboo; no I don't think I bye a Georgetown anymore first of all
our dealer rv canada don't do any warranty they make you wait then it's over with the warranty a real crook, MR Butler the owner really know how to do it he bought every dealers around so now he has the monopoly, so is the only dealer in Ottawa Canada, quality their is thinks to fix but since I don't have a dealer that respect the Warranty I do it myself I was a tradesman all my life so I can fix almost anything if I need something to be fix I go to a shop and they are just as good as any rv dealer
2x stay way from rv Canada
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #51

Clear-b
If it is still under warranty,
You really have 3 choices:
Have a dealer do it (doesn't have to be a Authorized FR dealer, just one that will work with FR).
Independent RV mechanic do it and have them charge FR.
Or do it yourself and FR will pay a reasonable rate for you to do it
I did some warranty work myself and FR paid me to do it. They were really easy to work with.
It's too bad you don't like your coach. I hope it gets better.

I suppose buying a MH is like buying anything else, you could get one with more issues than normal. We ordered and purchased a new Acadia. Had nothing but trouble with it for 3 years. GM refused to make it good but the dealer did.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #52

Would you recommend the new Georgetown?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770509.514639.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	73903Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770546.118000.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	73904Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770577.039114.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	73905Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770609.243646.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	73906Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770640.158995.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	73907Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428770663.128573.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	73908

Modifications :
Tinted window / treatment valances
2 massaging recliners
Library table/ desk with file cabinet and printer
Queen adjustable / massaging bed
The bed head had to be raised entirely up... For slide to come in
Expensive project... But worth it
ZAPPY scooters... More fun than bicycles ( easier)

Looked at trading RV... Decided to create our own creature comforts
Love the opposing slides and the room it gives
2017 SUNSEEKER MBS 2400W
2013 HONDA FIT SPORT
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #53

Very nice grandpa, love the recliners and the desk.
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #54
Team Bleu

I have a 2013 337 XL, love it. We put $10,000.00 in upgrades, to make it they way I want to travel. I show dogs and have been up and down the entire Northeast to South and out to the Midwest in it. As a matter of fact we have it up for sale as we are talking with sales rep for a new Berkshire DP 40' and Allegro 38'. So loved the Charleston but the length would be hard to get up my winding road and steep curving driveway on returns.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown