Old 05-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #1

Xl 350 no heat to bunks or bath

Hello,
Just recently picked up our new 2016 xl 350ts. So far so good except for a few small issues that I have been fixing and tinkering with.
The furnace seems to light and produce heat just fine, but the supply vent in the bathroom and the one in the bunk bed area are not blowing any heat. The other vents are blowing heat no problem. Has anybody experienced this before? Or have any ideas where to start looking as to why this is happening? Thank you in advance for any help

Old 05-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #2

Most have a very small duct going to the rear. I've had 3 motorhomes - they've all been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

Xl 350 low heat flow to bath and bunks

I thought of that also because the bathroom is a relatively small space but the rear bedroom is even farther down stream than the bathroom and bunks and flow a higher volume of air. And I guess a more accurate description of the vent in question is NO air flow.
Would you suggest a little more invasive approach? The furnace is under the oven in the kitchen so I may pull the cover and take a look. Maybe the folks at the factory forgot to hook up that heat run!!! Thank you for your help!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #4

I had the same problem on my 327. The hot air flex hose runs under my shower it is very tight in this area. In then runs behind the toilet it a box like cover which Is held in place by screws. My flex tub was torn open where it came out from under the shower they had tried to repair it with aluminum tape. All they did was collapse it so no air flowed to the bed room. The factory had done this. You will need to follow the flex tube to find your problem. Mine ran under the floor from the heater them up under the shower pan behind the toilet, through the wall to the bedroom behind the cabinets and out to the vent in several areas it was pinched and turned too tight
Old 05-23-2015, 06:33 AM   #5

Thank you Mr Brock
I will start tracing the hose and see if I can find a restriction or tear. My kids had a sleepover in the driveway with a couple of neighborhood kids last night and it got down to 35 degrees. The motorhome was very comfortable except for the bathroom. There was no heat blowing in at all so there must be an issue somewhere. I will post my findings when I figure it out. Thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
I have almost the same problem with my 335, except heat will drive you out of the bathroom, but almost no heat to the bedroom which is right next to the bathroom. I haven't got around to following the hose to the bedroom yet.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carluv View Post
I have almost the same problem with my 335, except heat will drive you out of the bathroom, but almost no heat to the bedroom which is right next to the bathroom. I haven't got around to following the hose to the bedroom yet.

Ditto on my 335. I hardly ever use my furnace. Fireplace and a small space heater does a fine job!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #8

Before you start tracing the hose, check the distribution box at the furnace. My 327DS had almost no air from the bedroom vent and when FR checked it at last year's Goshen rally, they found that the pipe was disconnected at the distribution box. The bedroom duct, with the longest pipe, will have the lowest air flow.

Phil
Old 05-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Ditto on my 335. I hardly ever use my furnace. Fireplace and a small space heater does a fine job!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
We use the fireplace if we are hooked up to 50Amp and sometimes a little space heater. Mostly use the propane heat. Will check my duct under the stove first.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #10

Well I pulled the vented cover from the furnace compartment and gained access to the furnace compartment. The furnace itself has all of the hose knock-outs in place. There is no visible flexible dryer vent hose style ductwork coming from or near the actual furnace. The furnace sits on top of a large sheet metal trunk that distributes the forced air forward about 3 feet to the two round plastic cents coming out of the kitchen cabinet. Then it also sends it aft to the bathroom vent, the bunk room vent then on the the rear bedroom vents (2). I was hoping that fixing it would be as simple as reattaching the flex hose to the furnace but no such luck.
It appears if there is an obstruction or a hose is kinked or fell off it is going to be hard to get at it. I removed the round access port to look under the shower stall but no heat run under there. Also nothing behind or under the sink or toilet. It appears I may have to remove the breaker box from the wall and get behind it and take a look. I will post my findings. Thank you all for your replys.

Tags
bunks