Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #1

XL 378 Furnace Issue

Both of the furnaces in the MH will run a few cycles and then not come back on unless you shut it off at the thermostat and turn it back on, in other words they won't run all night. Does anybody have this problem?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Both of the furnaces in the MH will run a few cycles and then not come back on unless you shut it off at the thermostat and turn it back on, in other words they won't run all night. Does anybody have this problem?

You never siad what year Georgetown you have.
I have a 2012 378
So what you are saying is then turn on and shortly after stop and never come on again in heat mode.

What temp is your thermostat set at?

Can you also verify that the fan is in auto mode before you move it to heat mode.

If both units are doing it then the only common denominator is the gas lines.
I have 2 seperate thermostats is this what you have or one themrostat with 2 zones?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

I have a 2013, fan mode is on auto. I have two thermostats. They might run through two cycles, sometimes three but then they won't run again until you turn them off and start them again. Have them set at 70 degrees, last night they ran all night. Who knows what tonight. One night they were set at 69 degrees and it was 52 in the MH.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378
I have a 2013, fan mode is on auto. I have two thermostats. They might run through two cycles, sometimes three but then they won't run again until you turn them off and start them again. Have them set at 70 degrees, last night they ran all night. Who knows what tonight. One night they were set at 69 degrees and it was 52 in the MH.
The really difficult part of the problem is there are not only two thermostats, there are two separate funaces tied to different ceiling fan a/c units and individual power supplies. IE each furnace is on its own. Either the factory put in bad sister components or more likely the same electrcian repeated his hookup fault!

Based on law of probabilities, I'd go with bad wiring! Yes I also have the same system, I favor the aft bedroom system, with overhead fan, much more even heating.