Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #1

XL Service Visit

So,

I had to take my 352 in for some maintenance, and to get a couple of items fixed on our 1yr operation punch list.

The year we have had the coach it has been pretty much worry free, with a few minor issues. Since we are coming up on the end of the 1st year of warranty, I figured it was a good time to get LazyDays to fix some of the minor issues.

1. Bunk TV would not eject a DVD....I thought this was just my son playing too many DVD's and not cleaning them, but FR authorized a replacement TV.

2. Navigation app on the Clarion radio will not launch....this was something that started over our Christmas trip. My initial thoughts were that the SD card that holds the Nav Maps had gotten corrupted.......FR authorized the replacement of the entire Infotainment unit. Not sure if they will replace it with another Clarion or one of the new Pioneers they are using now.....But will keep you posted.

3. I noticed some water in the window sill of the aft window in the master BR. First, I thought it was because I had just washed the coach and perhaps sprayed water in the window with the pressure washer. But, when I went to pick up the coach for this service visit, I notice new water in the window sill(it had rained the night before). Apparently, this is a known issue with the frameless windows FR started using in 2014, They haven't come up with a way to fix it yet, but LazyDays is working with FR to address the issue on 2 other GT's they have in for service for the same issue. The service advisor implied this will be something they have to do to all the rear windows that are frameless on the GT's
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #2

WOW...I had a hard time finding this post, I didn't realize it was in February when I first posted about this.

Here is an update.

1. They finally figured out that they don't make the TV that was in the bunk anymore, so Forest River replaced it with one that is 2" larger...My son will be heart broken that his TV is bigger. But it took FR sending 2 ceiling mounted TV's before they realized the configuration I have.

2. The nav radio was just bad. they finally got forest river to replace it. AFTER 4 MONTHS.

3. Apparently the window issue is systemic with the coaches with a rear window, but not worthy of a recall. Forest River decided to send a new window after getting the dealer to try 6 different methods to stop the leaking. But, the window still isn't in. So, I wait.
The frustrating think is that my coach has been at the dealer for 1 month and 2 days. Apparently, FR or maybe the dealer were not communicating while I had the rig because the service rep was acting like all the issues were new to FR over the last month.

Anyway, 2 of the 3 are fixed, and the coach is still usable, we will see how long it takes for them to get the window in they ordered 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #3

One thing for sure is you had Lazy Days do the work.
They are one of the best dealers to work with.
Tampa Florida and Tucson Arizona.
Both outstanding service.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
One thing for sure is you had Lazy Days do the work.
They are one of the best dealers to work with.
Tampa Florida and Tucson Arizona.
Both outstanding service.
They did some work on our 378 in Tucson and some of it FR paid for even when it was out of warranty. They also did some other work for me and made sure that everything was ok before they would let me go. They were just wonderful compared to my experience with the selling dealer.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service