Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,721
There's a good rundown of both sets of features in the 2014 brochure. Some things that XL has that are extras on STD. are:
FULL Body paint.
22.5 residential fridge w/ dedicated inverter
Tile Backsplash
Stainless Steel oven & microwave
Home Theater Sound
Seat integrated in shower
Transfer switch
70 amp converter
Fantastic fan in kitchen
24k lb chassis v. 20.5k gvwr
Choice of 2 countertops
Also...all XL's are 12'8 vs. 12'1 on STD... adding 4" of interior height and 3" elsewhere!
This is ONLY for the 2014 line from the brochure. We'll soon see what 2015 brings. I might have gone for the XL if they made one under 30 feet!
__________________

__________________
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
There's a good rundown of both sets of features in the 2014 brochure. Some things that XL has that are extras on STD. are:
FULL Body paint.
22.5 residential fridge w/ dedicated inverter - We have that
Tile Backsplash - We have that
Stainless Steel oven & microwave - We have that
Home Theater Sound - We have that
Seat integrated in shower
Transfer switch - We have that
70 amp converter - Not sure what size ours is
Fantastic fan in kitchen - We have that
24k lb chassis v. 20.5k gvwr
Choice of 2 countertops
Also...all XL's are 12'8 vs. 12'1 on STD... adding 4" of interior height and 3" elsewhere!
This is ONLY for the 2014 line from the brochure. We'll soon see what 2015 brings. I might have gone for the XL if they made one under 30 feet!
We have a standard 351ds
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
XL models have more standard features. One difference is the compartment doors. XL models open the side and standard GT models lift up. Chassis is the same for both, all based on the length of the coach
Doors are the same in both models. Haven't seen an XL with 19.5" wheels so they all seem to be in the larger 24k chassis.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Doors are the same in both models. Haven't seen an XL with 19.5" wheels so they all seem to be in the larger 24k chassis.
The brochures show the compartment doors being different. I see they open to the side now but aren't the full size door as the XL Line. At least that's what I see on the front of each brochure. If they changed it since, it makes sense to use one type of compartment doors.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
camaraderie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
We have a standard 351ds...
22.5 residential fridge w/ dedicated inverter - We have that
Tile Backsplash - We have that
Stainless Steel oven & microwave - We have that
Home Theater Sound - We have that
Seat integrated in shower
Transfer switch - We have that
70 amp converter - Not sure what size ours is
Fantastic fan in kitchen - We have that
Al...are you saying you have that standard?? Or that it was available to add.
All those things are options on the STD G'town brochure...now I'm getting a 280Ds momentarily which ain't the same as yours...but I did have to pay extra for the transfer switch and the home theater and the fantastic fan in the kitchen just like the brochure says. A residential fridge and stainless steel appliances are not options on the 280 but they are listed for the larger coaches.
I have the forest river actual options sheet from the 2014 Tampa Show model and the pricing on each of the above items as ADD ONS.
My only point in my listing was that these items were STANDARD on the available XL models in 2014...and either options or not available on the equivalent STD models....in answer to the question posed by the OP.
Of course...there are other comparisons to be made...between similar models...like an extra slide or a full length queen...or a better CCC that you really can't generalize across the line about.

What will be more interesting is how the 2015 models are distinguished from each other. Prices are up in the standard line...but so are a few features. Has anyone seen anything on the 2015 XL changes?
__________________
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Al...are you saying you have that standard?? Or that it was available to add.
All those things are options on the STD G'town brochure...now I'm getting a 280Ds momentarily which ain't the same as yours...but I did have to pay extra for the transfer switch and the home theater and the fantastic fan in the kitchen just like the brochure says. A residential fridge and stainless steel appliances are not options on the 280 but they are listed for the larger coaches.
I have the forest river actual options sheet from the 2014 Tampa Show model and the pricing on each of the above items as ADD ONS.
My only point in my listing was that these items were STANDARD on the available XL models in 2014...and either options or not available on the equivalent STD models....in answer to the question posed by the OP.
Of course...there are other comparisons to be made...between similar models...like an extra slide or a full length queen...or a better CCC that you really can't generalize across the line about.

What will be more interesting is how the 2015 models are distinguished from each other. Prices are up in the standard line...but so are a few features. Has anyone seen anything on the 2015 XL changes?
To be honest, I don't know if it's standard or not. That's how we got ours of the lot. It sounds like all those things were extra.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 413
We have most of the same things as well, but they were upgrades to the base unit. Our dealer did say that they almost always ordered them equiped with the upgrades because they are more saleable that way (people want the residential fridge and stainless etc)

On our price sheet, they were listed as upgrades, although some things had become "standard" between the 2014 and 2015 model year (like allover vinyl vs some carpet, LED lights inside and under the awning etc) but they weren't listed as available options on the price sheet.

I think the only one we didn't do was the outdoor TV upgrade.

Garren
__________________
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Uconn Country
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post

What will be more interesting is how the 2015 models are distinguished from each other. Prices are up in the standard line...but so are a few features. Has anyone seen anything on the 2015 XL changes?
if you go to MHSRV.com you can look at their inventory of '15 XL and non XL lines. they bring the coaches in pretty much loaded, in different color schemes. you can see the window sticker with the base price and then the price of options.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown XL 350TS
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.