Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
One of those old school VCR that plays on channel 3 could be used to test the connections. Just hook up to the cable inlet and verify the signal makes it to the TV. The only thing you're testing is the connections anyways. It's not like you need to channel surf during the PDI.

Actually, I should go do that. We've never tested ours, nor do I think we'll ever want cable hookup, but it would be good to validate during before any warranties expire.
Or they could invest a couple hundred bucks on one of those gizmos the cable guy uses where he plugs it in one end and checks on the other to make sure the cable is good.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #12

Did I say a couple hundred bucks, you can get them cheap from ebay anywhere from 15 to 50 bucks. I'm going to get one to fix mine.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
Anacortesians

We also had a problem with very poor picture quality on the front overhead TV when we had cable plugged in. It worked fine with the VCR or DVD player. I used an old VCR as a test source and found that there was a problem somewhere in the coax between the cable socket and the distribution box up front. Since I had no documentation to indicate where the coax ran, I decided to by-pass it.

We'd already dumped the bedroom TV, so I ran a new coax from the back of the cable socket in the cargo bay up into where the bedroom TV had been and connected it to the line that had fed the bedroom TV. I then changed over the "bedroom" coax on the back of the distribution box to the "Cable TV" socket and we get a good picture now when on a CG cable TV system.

Initially, I thought of moving the Cable TV wall-plate to the forward cargo bay, just behind the driver's door and taking a new coax up through the bay ceiling and then alongside the driver's door, up the windshield trim and into the overhead cabinets, but the trick with the surplus coax from the bedroom was an easier fix.