Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Alaska 2014

DW and I are heading out come June 1, 2014, first to cross the USA from Dallas, Georgia, then landing somewhere close Calgary Canada, then heading up the Alcan Highway to Northern Alaska. Jump around in the northern parts of the state before we head back in August. We plan to spend 90 days just moving around and seeing the sites on our bucket list. Getting everything laid out at this time for the trip. Hope you folks had a great time, maybe can meet up somewhere and have a meal together. Here is our rig, just look for BERTHA:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truckandcamper.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	43684   Click image for larger version

Name:	user20361_pic3225_1330395164.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	43685  
__________________

__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
Apart from the sheer beauty and mostly untouched natural vistas, one of the great tourist attractions in Newfoundland is the people. Be sure to stop and talk to the locals. They (we) are a very engaging culture known for story telling, music and jokes. Over 500 years of tolling and eaking out a living from the sea in harsh, unpredictable weather conditions in a rugged environment, the people's resolve carry on. The island of Newfoundland is affectionally referred to as "The Rock" , but this term also refers to the people who have perservered through hard times and still are able to take time with visitors and share a story or two. Maybe even a "toddy". This is a quote from a fisherman, who's life and livelihood was taken away when the fishery collapsed in the early nineties. He was interviewed by a well known national journalist when he said. "I got a nob in me gut and a tear in me eye as I look out to where I once belong and belongs no more".
Enjoy your visit Iggy and the same to all your travelling partners. It will be a lifetime experience. Visit the museums, but take time to talk to the people.
__________________

__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Apart from the sheer beauty and mostly untouched natural vistas, one of the great tourist attractions in Newfoundland is the people. Be sure to stop and talk to the locals. They (we) are a very engaging culture known for story telling, music and jokes. Over 500 years of tolling and eaking out a living from the sea in harsh, unpredictable weather conditions in a rugged environment, the people's resolve carry on. The island of Newfoundland is affectionally referred to as "The Rock" , but this term also refers to the people who have perservered through hard times and still are able to take time with visitors and share a story or two. Maybe even a "toddy". This is a quote from a fisherman, who's life and livelihood was taken away when the fishery collapsed in the early nineties. He was interviewed by a well known national journalist when he said. "I got a nob in me gut and a tear in me eye as I look out to where I once belong and belongs no more".
Enjoy your visit Iggy and the same to all your travelling partners. It will be a lifetime experience. Visit the museums, but take time to talk to the people.
Yes Rugged Brown I plan on making new friends at all stops.
I really like when they tell me where they eat out and like.
I have been preparing my Georgetown with emergency parts like extra windshield wiper blades, fuses, oil filters, air filters, and plenty of duck tape. I did buy a nice truck tire repair kit just in case I get a slow leak in my 22.5" tires. Probably will never have to use any of it as I really know my rig backwards and foreword.
It would be nice to meet you if the time fits. You know where I will be on any day. Just look for the Georgetown from Arizona pulling a red Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4199.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	47675  
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes Rugged Brown I plan on making new friends at all stops.
I really like when they tell me where they eat out and like.
I have been preparing my Georgetown with emergency parts like extra windshield wiper blades, fuses, oil filters, air filters, and plenty of duck tape. I did buy a nice truck tire repair kit just in case I get a slow leak in my 22.5" tires. Probably will never have to use any of it as I really know my rig backwards and foreword.
It would be nice to meet you if the time fits. You know where I will be on any day. Just look for the Georgetown from Arizona pulling a red Fiat.


i'll keep an eye out for ya
__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Well we are about 30 days before we leave Arizona heading to the Canadian Maritime area. In the coming weeks I will slowly start preparing the motorhome for the it's 10,000 mile trip. I have made a few online friends in Nova Scotia and St Johns thru the Canadian Metal Detector Association and we plan on doing some metal detecting for artifacts along the coasts and woods.
Can't wait as long as the snow melts and the rivers drop along my route.
Iggy

P.S. to Rugged Brown.
I have applied for a gas lone from the local bank to pay for the that Canadian liquid gold called gas.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Alaska

we are hitching up come may 9th for our trip as well. Our home is in Chatsworth, GA., been working on this for several month, started on the 5'er today with wheel bearing maintenance, then running lights, clean all tanks and prime, lubricate all valves, locks and hinges..
good luck
kickster




Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Well we are about 30 days before we leave Arizona heading to the Canadian Maritime area. In the coming weeks I will slowly start preparing the motorhome for the it's 10,000 mile trip. I have made a few online friends in Nova Scotia and St Johns thru the Canadian Metal Detector Association and we plan on doing some metal detecting for artifacts along the coasts and woods.
Can't wait as long as the snow melts and the rivers drop along my route.
Iggy

P.S. to Rugged Brown.
I have applied for a gas lone from the local bank to pay for the that Canadian liquid gold called gas.
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
we are hitching up come may 9th for our trip as well. Our home is in Chatsworth, GA., been working on this for several month, started on the 5'er today with wheel bearing maintenance, then running lights, clean all tanks and prime, lubricate all valves, locks and hinges..
good luck
kickster
You heading to the Maritime area also?
Cool.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
Iggy: this may interest you.

Curse of Oak Island reignites centuries-old treasure hunt - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Watch The Curse of Oak Island Full Episodes & Videos Online - HISTORY.com
__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
wanderingwayner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Embrun
Posts: 23
Sounds like a wonderful grand trip. You will love the the maritime s. If any of your group like aviation history, a short stop in Gander NL might be of interest.
__________________
2006 Dodge 3500,5.9 Cummins, Bully Dog GT, PacBrake exhaust brake(soon), SRW, 4x4
2013, Crusader 325 RES.
wanderingwayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Terry I watched it on TV about a month ago.
Not sure about the guys but they were checking in a swamp area and thought they found something. But after getting into the muck they lost the signal. They called it a ghost signal which just decided to leave. LOL
I know many people arrived, stayed and settled in the Maritime area hundreds of years ago. It is always fun to see what you can find in the ground. I need more walking exercise and this helps me a great deal.
We will be on the local news if I find any gold.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.