Old 02-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #31

✋- hurry up too!

Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #32

Here where I live, in the Florida of Canada, it's 9 months of warm weather and then 3 months of hard swimming . We start on the 2-4 weekend up in northern Michigan in a state forest. We've been dry camping there for 30 some years. Sometimes we get snow and sometimes we don't. We finish in October and sometimes we get snow and sometimes we don't. It was 15 below F here yesterday morning so the swimming was real hard. The Detroit river is frozen over in spots. The government forced us into Celsius so I rebel and only talk Imperial but I am byhandual so I can talk in both. I had to because of my former job. It's -2F here right now. Stay safe all.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #33

Cold I can take just glad we are not getting that Eastern SNOW. Already booked may long weekend in Amherstburg Willowwood campground (close to home). At this moment we are looking for a few campgrounds to book 1st wk of July near the Williamsport Pa area (any suggestions). When we part from there we will spend another week in the Syracuse area (finger lakes) then home through buffalo/Niagara falls. With four families traveling together we plan early. In august we will spend 7 day Pinery prov. park(one of the nicest parks in Ontario in my mind, but you have too book 6 months in advance). Oh yes a weekend fishing trip with two grand kids to family weekend at wheately prov!! In addition to this we will spend a wk in Mich. somewhere and a few weekends chasing the son around who races 1/4miles track in grand bend, in fact he is one his way to Georgia now for the Georgia lights out drag. Happy Camping.
After all this we will winterize once again
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
We are in Barrie and the KOA Toronto North not super exciting but for first trip out it will be great as you are 500m from an RV dealership if you need anything. Sometime try the KOA Barrie which is on Hwy 93 just north of Barrie. We stayed at the KOA Niagara Falls, bit of a parking lot but you are super close to Niagara, right outside the entrance is a dinner theatre that I highly recommend, not to mention you need to go to Niagara on the lake.

Kevin
That's pretty much the attraction for the Cookstown KOA - convenience... I know we'll need 'something' - and between being 15 minutes from home, and 2 minutes from an RV dealer, should be easy to resolve.

As for Niagara - we were at the KOA there last year; and really liked it - a little tight, true, but great facilities - my daughter loved the bounce pad!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #35

I think i'll keep my Texas weather. Was a fantastic 72 over the past weekend. Was perfect for Galveston Mardi Gras. But today we had a cold front blow in mid 30's for a couple of days and back to the 70's for this coming weekend for a beer festival Saturday im helping out at. I dont care for snow and cold.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Every one waiting for spring raise your hand.

Both hands raised and eight paws too!!!! We surrender.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
I think i'll keep my Texas weather. Was a fantastic 72 over the past weekend. Was perfect for Galveston Mardi Gras. But today we had a cold front blow in mid 30's for a couple of days and back to the 70's for this coming weekend for a beer festival Saturday im helping out at. I dont care for snow and cold.
Consider yourself lucky to live where the weather is nice year long.
We don't all have this luxury !!
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The only Private Park we have stayed at in Ontario is Barrie KOA. The park is nice, we had the upgraded spots in the midway campground. The only issue with the whole 3 nights was some person with a extremely noisy Cummings diesel driving all day and night to the store, pool, pizza or shuttle visitors to his huge site in the back area with many long term seasonal campers.
We love that CG, been there a hundred times, always try to get site 82 facing the treeline in front of the pull throughs. Always get the delivered pizza, order when checking in. You are right, some of the seasonal people in the back do have a sense of entitlement, but if I was paying $3500. for the season I guess I would want to own it to.

Kevin
Old 02-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek6669 View Post
-20 C here in Lindsay tonight. Our first trip this spring will be to Presquille Prov Park to see the bird miagration and spring flowers, unfortunately can't reserve site there until May 8 weekend. Have reservations at Presquille for the Victoria weekend and Mews Lake two weeks later. June 24 we leave Lindsay for Newfoundland, have reservations on the Ferry to Argentia June 26.
Love Presquille, we are always in the loop closest to the lighthouse and next to the water. Alot quieter than being at Sandbanks. Love the biking trails and the lane along the lake past the Host site. Also love Mew lake, we used to tent in the No Radio Zone, but with the TT always reserved a spot right across from the beach.

Kevin
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #40

Just came in from the garage and boy am I pi**ed off , Lost half a case of beer to frozen bottles

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote