Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #21
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
At (-40) Celsius and Fahrenheit are the (Same)! Youroo!!
And if you're not already winterized at those temps...don't bother...it's too late!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioFireFighter View Post
Just pulled the pin on a new TT (Grey Wolf 28BH) - pick it up mid-April... Just joined the forums, too (this is actually my first post here)

We're already booked out for May 1st (Toronto North KOA in Cookstown - it's about 15 minutes from home, and our "trial run" with the new trailer) then May 15th for the long weekend at Niagara Falls...

It's going to be a long 3 months waiting for camping season to get here!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get my Snow Blower out, and do the driveway again...
We are in Barrie and the KOA Toronto North not super exciting but for first trip out it will be great as you are 500m from an RV dealership if you need anything. Sometime try the KOA Barrie which is on Hwy 93 just north of Barrie. We stayed at the KOA Niagara Falls, bit of a parking lot but you are super close to Niagara, right outside the entrance is a dinner theatre that I highly recommend, not to mention you need to go to Niagara on the lake.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
X96mnn were are you camping in CB. We always stay at the Seal Island KOA or Arm-of-Gold. What is the CG at New Waterford like?
I live in Cape Breton and stayed at most of them. Stay a few times at the KOA campground at seal island and it is a very nice campground with great views. Have stayed at joyful journeys, English town, maybe the best sites out there right on the beach but only two way. Englishtown ridge is very nice, one of the cheaper campgrounds. Glenview in Whycogamah is very nice, family orientated with lots of activities. The two right in baddeck are ok, found them pricy. Macleods and Inverness beach campground are very nice, port hood beach is great if you really like the beach but found the campground itself blah, old parking lot but well spaced lots and grass.

The campground in New Waterford I like, $20 a night cash only for a three way site. It is aged but the owners take great pride and keep it clean. 20 amp service but my camper had no issues. Only downfall is the water has a very strong sulfer smell so you will want to have your tank full.

Never been to arm of gold but heard great things about it, everyone I camp with won't try it as it is a big open feild next to the highway. But those who stay there praise it.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
We are in Barrie and the KOA Toronto North not super exciting but for first trip out it will be great as you are 500m from an RV dealership if you need anything. Sometime try the KOA Barrie which is on Hwy 93 just north of Barrie. We stayed at the KOA Niagara Falls, bit of a parking lot but you are super close to Niagara, right outside the entrance is a dinner theatre that I highly recommend, not to mention you need to go to Niagara on the lake.

Kevin
The only Private Park we have stayed at in Ontario is Barrie KOA. The park is nice, we had the upgraded spots in the midway campground. The only issue with the whole 3 nights was some person with a extremely noisy Cummings diesel driving all day and night to the store, pool, pizza or shuttle visitors to his huge site in the back area with many long term seasonal campers.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Rondeau is great for bird watching stop by Wheatley Provincial Park about 45 minutes west much smaller than Rondeau but some beautiful sites right on the marsh some with hydro others without. Quiet little park but also is a good spot for spring migration and it’s not far from Point Pelee which come May is one of the hot spots for birders. You must be a diehard if you’re going in April.
I’ve heard good things about Ferris small but peaceful and clean.
By the time the end of Winter Semester I take a extended weekend off from work before we get ready for Summer at the College. We like the flat land and biking around the trails, can be cold but winter jackets and a campfire keep us warm! It is a shame the Pier was destroyed by Ice in 2014, hope it is back for watching sunsets.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #26

-20 C here in Lindsay tonight. Our first trip this spring will be to Presquille Prov Park to see the bird miagration and spring flowers, unfortunately can't reserve site there until May 8 weekend. Have reservations at Presquille for the Victoria weekend and Mews Lake two weeks later. June 24 we leave Lindsay for Newfoundland, have reservations on the Ferry to Argentia June 26.
derek6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #27

Quote:
I live in Cape Breton and stayed at most of them. Stay a few times at the KOA campground at seal island and it is a very nice campground with great views. Have stayed at joyful journeys, English town, maybe the best sites out there right on the beach but only two way. Englishtown ridge is very nice, one of the cheaper campgrounds. Glenview in Whycogamah is very nice, family orientated with lots of activities. The two right in baddeck are ok, found them pricy. Macleods and Inverness beach campground are very nice, port hood beach is great if you really like the beach but found the campground itself blah, old parking lot but well spaced lots and grass.

The campground in New Waterford I like, $20 a night cash only for a three way site. It is aged but the owners take great pride and keep it clean. 20 amp service but my camper had no issues. Only downfall is the water has a very strong sulfer smell so you will want to have your tank full.

Never been to arm of gold but heard great things about it, everyone I camp with won't try it as it is a big open feild next to the highway. But those who stay there praise it.
Thank you for all the great places to camp on the Island. Next time I go home it will be a fun trying the different CG.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #28

Anything below zero is to darn cold for me.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:06 PM   #29

We'll be in the upper 70's here in N. Texas, so I think we'll take a run down to the River.

woozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #30

Every one waiting for spring raise your hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1085.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	69756  
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #31

✋- hurry up too!
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #32

Here where I live, in the Florida of Canada, it's 9 months of warm weather and then 3 months of hard swimming . We start on the 2-4 weekend up in northern Michigan in a state forest. We've been dry camping there for 30 some years. Sometimes we get snow and sometimes we don't. We finish in October and sometimes we get snow and sometimes we don't. It was 15 below F here yesterday morning so the swimming was real hard. The Detroit river is frozen over in spots. The government forced us into Celsius so I rebel and only talk Imperial but I am byhandual so I can talk in both. I had to because of my former job. It's -2F here right now. Stay safe all.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #33

Cold I can take just glad we are not getting that Eastern SNOW. Already booked may long weekend in Amherstburg Willowwood campground (close to home). At this moment we are looking for a few campgrounds to book 1st wk of July near the Williamsport Pa area (any suggestions). When we part from there we will spend another week in the Syracuse area (finger lakes) then home through buffalo/Niagara falls. With four families traveling together we plan early. In august we will spend 7 day Pinery prov. park(one of the nicest parks in Ontario in my mind, but you have too book 6 months in advance). Oh yes a weekend fishing trip with two grand kids to family weekend at wheately prov!! In addition to this we will spend a wk in Mich. somewhere and a few weekends chasing the son around who races 1/4miles track in grand bend, in fact he is one his way to Georgia now for the Georgia lights out drag. Happy Camping.
After all this we will winterize once again
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post

Kevin
That's pretty much the attraction for the Cookstown KOA - convenience... I know we'll need 'something' - and between being 15 minutes from home, and 2 minutes from an RV dealer, should be easy to resolve.

As for Niagara - we were at the KOA there last year; and really liked it - a little tight, true, but great facilities - my daughter loved the bounce pad!
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #35

I think i'll keep my Texas weather. Was a fantastic 72 over the past weekend. Was perfect for Galveston Mardi Gras. But today we had a cold front blow in mid 30's for a couple of days and back to the 70's for this coming weekend for a beer festival Saturday im helping out at. I dont care for snow and cold.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Every one waiting for spring raise your hand.

Both hands raised and eight paws too!!!! We surrender.
Cattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
I think i'll keep my Texas weather. Was a fantastic 72 over the past weekend. Was perfect for Galveston Mardi Gras. But today we had a cold front blow in mid 30's for a couple of days and back to the 70's for this coming weekend for a beer festival Saturday im helping out at. I dont care for snow and cold.
Consider yourself lucky to live where the weather is nice year long.
We don't all have this luxury !!
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The only Private Park we have stayed at in Ontario is Barrie KOA. The park is nice, we had the upgraded spots in the midway campground. The only issue with the whole 3 nights was some person with a extremely noisy Cummings diesel driving all day and night to the store, pool, pizza or shuttle visitors to his huge site in the back area with many long term seasonal campers.
We love that CG, been there a hundred times, always try to get site 82 facing the treeline in front of the pull throughs. Always get the delivered pizza, order when checking in. You are right, some of the seasonal people in the back do have a sense of entitlement, but if I was paying $3500. for the season I guess I would want to own it to.

Kevin
Old 02-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek6669 View Post
-20 C here in Lindsay tonight. Our first trip this spring will be to Presquille Prov Park to see the bird miagration and spring flowers, unfortunately can't reserve site there until May 8 weekend. Have reservations at Presquille for the Victoria weekend and Mews Lake two weeks later. June 24 we leave Lindsay for Newfoundland, have reservations on the Ferry to Argentia June 26.
Love Presquille, we are always in the loop closest to the lighthouse and next to the water. Alot quieter than being at Sandbanks. Love the biking trails and the lane along the lake past the Host site. Also love Mew lake, we used to tent in the No Radio Zone, but with the TT always reserved a spot right across from the beach.

Kevin
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #40

Just came in from the garage and boy am I pi**ed off , Lost half a case of beer to frozen bottles
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote