Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Manitoba, canada

Anyone from manitoba

Just wandering if anyone is from manitoba canada on here.Just had the greatest of luck on the manitoba parks reservation site.What hell that was.lol.
commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Just wandering if anyone is from manitoba canada on here.Just had the greatest of luck on the manitoba parks reservation site.What hell that was.lol.
Quite a few of us from Manitoba here! What was the problem with the reservation system? We haven't used it this year yet! Happy camping!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #3

We are from Manitoba as well, we have a seasonal site and one of the reasons we took a seasonal is the parks reservation system. We used to wait on line for hours and then when you got thru you would have to know exactly what weekends you wanted. Finally got fed up with it and went seasonal. All this makes it very hard for tourists trying to find spots on way thru Manitoba to Ontario etc. They need to really fix up this system.
P.S. With all this snow, will we even get out camping this year??
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
rce

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Quite a few of us from Manitoba here! What was the problem with the reservation system? We haven't used it this year yet! Happy camping!
Not sure what the answer is. Got on the MB site yesterday in 30 seconds to discover 3474 campers in line ahead of me. Didn't get the sites I wanted but will have to do. A lot of campers chasing certain sites or dates. Lottery maybe for prime times???

Hopefully spring weather soon here!
rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Manitoba, canada

Quote:
April 1st was opening day and we had a pick ticket of 10,000 on the list ,this was at 7:30 am.Taken 2 hrs to reserve sites for the coming season.Totally booked for the summer.But managed to book a couple.Hope to camp with some people on this site.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Manitoba, canada

What model of travel trailers are you all camping in.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

The first year Sask had online reservations, the system sucked big time for the same reasons you guys have. This year they broke the reservations down into regions and each region had staggered days you could reserve. Worked great as it took me less than 5 minutes to get the site I wanted on the July 1st long weekend. A big hello to you guys over in Manitoba as well..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Manitoba, canada

Where is every one camping for the may long weekend.And a big hello to the sask's to.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #9

As I said earlier there appears to be a few Manitobans on this forum. Would anybody be interested in a get together sometime this summer, and possibly plan a frog rally for the following year (2014) in Manitoba?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Manitoba, canada

Quote:
As I said earlier there appears to be a few Manitobans on this forum. Would anybody be interested in a get together sometime this summer, and possibly plan a frog rally for the following year (2014) in Manitoba?
My family is in.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #11

We will wait for more posts and see what happens? Birds Hill Park???
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #12

I'd be up for something like that.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #13

That sounds like a great idea!
We have a V-Cross Vibe 6501, ugraded from a 19' Funfinder after only one year so we're still newbies at this. Usually open up the TT at Arrowhead RV in Iles des Chenes, a really nice park where all the snowbirds land before they go to their seasonal sites. Very friendly people and they think our trailer is so "cute", haha!
But so far too cold. yuck.
Planning a big trip to the Black Hills SD, booked a week late June in Sturgis already. We spend most of the summer at a friend's cottage lot in Grand Marais, nice except for the bears!
Keep in touch, happy camping!
Winnipegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
Manitoba, canada

If birds hill is outof the question we can also go to the campground in beausejour.Private camp which has full service on all sites.Very nice place also.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #15

What's the name of the camp in Beausejour?
Commander, what kind of TT do you have, looks a lot bigger than ours!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Well shovelling snow this morning but would be interested -- perhaps later in the season
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
Manitoba, canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipegger View Post
What's the name of the camp in Beausejour?
Commander, what kind of TT do you have, looks a lot bigger than ours!
We have a 2012 rockwood 8306ss tt.The name of the campground is GreatWoods Park.Just would like to say we purchased it from Holiday rv in steinbach,would go no where else to buy,they are awesome.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #18

We bought our Vibe 6501 at Funk's in Steinbach, great customer service, even delivered parts to Winnipeg for warranty work.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #19

Also from Mb and live 2 miles from Birds Hill Park. Got on the Mb parks reservation site and waited for my flashing dot to move up the line. Frustrating waiting and took about 1/2 hour. Got Adam Lake, Stephenfield and Hecla booked for various times over the summer. We are heading to Lethbridge, AB this summer to see the kids and we had to book Mb, Sk and Ab which was an adventure given each province had different start dates for reservation. Couldnt get a spot at Cypruss Hills, Ab so we are at Dinosaur Prov Park an Ab. Sask reservations opened up in early March, Mb was April 1 and Ab is a 90 rolling reservation system so for July 12th date I couldnt book until April 13th. Canada Federal Park in Mb, Clear Lake, opened for reservations on April 8 and unlike last year I got in the que bright and early and waited about 20 min to get my full service spot. Luckily we got campsites booked out and back for a 3 1/2 week trip in July plus another 2 weeks in Aug. Now the snow needs to melt.
When I was young you just packed up the camper and went to a campground. None of this prebooking months in advance. DW retires next year and we can camp off season so that should make it easier.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #20

I am not from Manitoba but have lots of family there. I will be coming out there the last 2 weeks of August. Any suggestions on campgrounds that anyone can recommend (couple hours from Winnipeg)? They can be national, provincial or private. Thanks
chief1820 is offline   Reply With Quote