Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Grand Prairie, AB

We are tied down at Camp Tamarack here in Grand Prairie AB roughly the halfway point on our trip to Alaska. We have seen a lot of Alberta and it sure is pretty here. Tomorrow we will officialy start up the ALCAN at Dawson Creek, BC.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Man you are moving quick...seems like just yesterday you went through the border...hope you are enjoying your trip!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:31 AM   #3

Safe travels on your journey to Alaska and thank you for taking the time to express you appreciation of Alberta.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
We are tied down at Camp Tamarack here in Grand Prairie AB roughly the halfway point on our trip to Alaska. We have seen a lot of Alberta and it sure is pretty here. Tomorrow we will officialy start up the ALCAN at Dawson Creek, BC.

What did you need insurance wise to cross the border? I asked my insurance agent and they gave me proof of insurance. Is that all you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #5
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
What did you need insurance wise to cross the border? I asked my insurance agent and they gave me proof of insurance. Is that all you need?

I have never needed Insurance to cross the boarder...Just passport for all occupants of the vehicle, and no jokes when asked questions and you are good to go
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

I got an extra Insurance card from Progressive stating my policy was good for Canadian travel. All they asked for was my plate number which I saw him punch in. That and passports and on to the inspection barn.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post

We cross in to the US from Canada on a regular basis and I've never carried anything other than the certificate of insurance I already have for my vehicle. The policy tells me that it's good for both the US and Canada. I would think that any insurance from the US works in Canada too - might just not be written in French as well but that's not a problem. In all the crossings we have done and even rental cars we've hired, I've never actually been asked to show any proof of insurance. Which bit of Canada are you visiting? I'm guessing more towards the east going by your location. Have a great trip.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #8

We are planning on going to Alaska, we plan to cross the border sometime around the last week in June. We leave NC on June the ninth for a stop in Pigeon Forge TN. We plan to be there four nights and then head to Yellowstone. We have not made any reservations, we just plan to stay gone about three months or so. Someone on this forum said there schedule was like Jello, we are about the same.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #9

Have a great journey. When our kids were both little we used to get them to pick places to go and things to do. Each value would be given a number on the dice which we would then roll; sort of odds we go west, evens east, etc (you get the picture I'm sure). That way we never had a schedule and there was never any complaints of, 'you picked their place again or I'd rather go there'. There was never any disappointment because we were late or we may have missed something because there never was a schedule. All based on a tv show called "The Diceman". Might still be on You Tube if you want a better understanding of how it worked.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 08-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #10

Camp Tamarack

Our daughter and family live in Grande Prairie and We spent three nights at Camp Tamarack in June.It is a wonderful spot with the cleanest bathrooms and showers we have ever encountered.It is a busy park so you need to book ahead but a very nice place.
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote