Old 09-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #1

KOA

Has any one camped at the Ivy Lea Koa campground? And how was it?
I usually camp in provincial parks. Looking to go there next year.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #2

We were there I believe two or three years ago. Excellent CG. Pool area and multi use area was great. Had a small theatre for not so nights. Bring your bikes as the CG sits on a biking route, forget how many km's it is but paved. Across the road is the St lawrence so if you are into fishing. Lots to do, 1000 Islander for a waterborne tour, Kingston down the road, Brockville the other way. two minutes to the US border crossing if that is an interest. Lots were typical KOA size, we were on the back loop facing the tree line so more privacy than others. If I recall there was a snack bar/small restraunt???? nogt sure on that one. Bottom line, unless it has recently gone downhill, I recommend, but that it is a KOA it will be up to standard.

Kevin

Old 09-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #3

Haven't stayed at Ivy Lea - but the Kingston / 1000 Island's KOA is among our favourites...

Generally, we prefer KOA's to provincial parks (or other private campgrounds) - facilities are typically nicer; better services, and we love the kids programs they do.

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #4

My wife and kids have gone the last 2yrs as soon as they finish school, for a few days. As far as KOA's go, it's nice. It does have a nice pool area, with 2 heated pools, however it can be quite busy. They also have an adult hot tub, that probably sits 12 people.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #5

Thanks sounds good
Old 09-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #6

Good intell was looking at this during the summer but never made it Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
Canadian Member

A bit late to this thread but I agree it's a nice CG if you like KOAs. More trees than many KOAs and the facilities are clean and well maintained. We camped at the Ivy Lea KOA many times. So much to do in the area.

I grew up in area and we still have family in Gananoque, so it's a great base for us. We make trips there twice a year so we can visit family and I can hop across the border to pick up parcels I've ordered on Amazon.com.

The nearby Mallorytown KOA has larger sites but it's a bit farther away from what most people want to see in the area. It's been more than 20 years since I stayed at the Kingston KOA. Back then it was a big open field with a store at the front gate.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
A bit late to this thread but I agree it's a nice CG if you like KOAs. More trees than many KOAs and the facilities are clean and well maintained. We camped at the Ivy Lea KOA many times. So much to do in the area.

I grew up in area and we still have family in Gananoque, so it's a great base for us. We make trips there twice a year so we can visit family and I can hop across the border to pick up parcels I've ordered on Amazon.com.

The nearby Mallorytown KOA has larger sites but it's a bit farther away from what most people want to see in the area. It's been more than 20 years since I stayed at the Kingston KOA. Back then it was a big open field with a store at the front gate.
Not to hijack the thread but we stayed at the kingston KOA last summer and it is definately not an open field, half the roadways were paved, and it was full. Short walk to the pool and the front gate where the store was well stocked. Alot of the premium sites at the front and paving stones and wrought iron stoves...very nice. We stayed in the back loop by the field with the dog run and backed on trees. About a ten minute drive into the city and there is an RV dealer on that road just as you come in the city if you need anything. Personally I would recommend any of the KOA's in that stretch of the 401.

Kevin