Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Need Suggestions for Camping in Canada

My family is looking into doing a Canada camping trip next summer. I live near Madison, WI, and would like to go somewhere in Canada that we can get to in roughly 12-15 hours (tops), that has nice scenery and lots of things for the kids to do (probably a private campground with a pool, games, etc.). I am thinking Ontario or Manitoba provinces would be our limits for driving, since we can't make this more than about a one week trip. Any suggestions?

Tony B.
2012 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
tony4pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Camping in Canada

Manitoba or Northern Ontario will probably be your only option as it takes two days to drive through ontario from one side to the other. We have camped at lake of the woods for a number of years as well as having my wife drive some of the family as my youngest girl and I flew our float plane as she had to be back to the airforce base before we wanted to go home. Two day drive and a 4 hour flight. Fishing is out of this world as well as the view. Another suggestion may be Algonquin park in north east ontario. One of the largest parks in the world. Camping in this park is in sections, with the opportunity to see wildlife such as moose, bear, beaver etc in their natural habitat. As the largest percentage of population in Ontario is in the south east, your time line would not allow you to enjoy the hospitality of my part of this wonderful country

Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
From Madison WI to Toronto On is about an 11 hour drive. Depending how long you want to drive in a day there are many activities in and around the TO area. You are not that far from Niagara Falls. Canada's Wonderland is just north of Toronto.Take your time and plan a great trip.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
lots of nice camping/family stuff in south western ontario
get to detroit, cross the river/border and head east or north east
stevem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
You can come to Ottawa Ontario. It is a very nice place to visit with all its museums and the parliament. You can camp also along the St- laurence river where you will find super duper campings. The one near Upper Canada village is a must stay. It is at the bird santuary and called Nairne ilsland. While there you go and spend a full day at Upper Canada Village. You will never forget this visit. Myself I live at aprx 10 minutes from this location. Put a high priority for this place specially if you have childrens.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
I agree with everybody. I lived in Northern Ontario for many years and there are a lot of great areas. Lakevof the Woods is just beautiful and I would highly recommend it. If you decide to go with the south, then there are the georgian shores which are really nice. From there you could visit Blue Mountain, Wasaga beach and maybe take the Chichemun ferry..... And you're not that far from Toronto.

I have never been camping in Manitoba but I hear that Riding Mountain National Park is really nice.

weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote