Old 06-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Niagara Falls

Is there any place to stay for one night around Niagara Falls. Was looking at Fourmile Creek State Park in New York. Going to be arriving late in the day (night).

Also, what about low clearance bridges and overpasses that I need to be on the lookout for.

Final destination is Pelham, ON

2012 F250
2013 Wildcat 282RKX
Randy.Dreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Fourmile Creek in a very nice state park. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay one night, it should be perfect. Very clean and the sites are large. If you are crossing into Canada over the Lewiston-Queenston or the Rainbow Bridge, you will be driving past these areas to get to the campground. I am not sure what route you will be using to enter the Niagara Falls area. If you coming in on the I-90 and then I-190 you should avoid the Robert Moses Parkway. There is a low clearance of 12 feet under the Grand Island Bridge and again near the Aquarium and New York Power Authority. Commercial vehicles are prohibited on the parkway. Two other options would be KOA on Grand Island or Branches of Niagara. Both of these are nice campgrounds right off the I-190 on Grand Island. You might find these more convenient to get off the thruway and then back on as you continue on to Canada, but both will be more expensive. I think you would be happy camping at any of these places. Enjoy and have a safe trip.

2004 silverado 2500HD ext cab short bed
2012 Rockwood 8280WS
Herms1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
Good to hear. Will be there this Friday on a trip east from Michigan to Maine. Going to stop at the falls and booked a night at fourmile state park
campfirefun is offline   Reply With Quote