Old 07-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #11
Grand Island KOA in NY is our vote...stay there every August. Steer clear of the Niagara Falls North KOA...very small and tight lots.

Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount
mekkerlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #12
Sherkston Shores resort was great. Right on Lake Erie. Canadia side.

AGFazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
Niagara Falls NY & Vicinity

You've received good feedback on places to park especially on Grand Island NY (KOA) & Rapids (NY) side of Falls. I bougot my RV @ Colton RV on Niagara Falls Blvd (15 min from Falls), they have a few slots too.
VictorTot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #14
I keep reading that a lot of businesses add a "tourism" surcharge to their rates. This is apparently discretionary and many have had the charges removed just by requesting it.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #15
I too would stay on Grand Isle and drive back and forth over to the Falls. Trying to stay down by the Falls is over rated and probably too expensive this time to of the year.
Mickey Alberto
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS
Ford V-10 (5-Star Tuned)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #16
Grand Island KOA is a very nice. We stayed there around 7/4/16.
Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #17
We were in Niagra Falls a few weeks ago...stayed at Niagra Falls KOA. Not super fancy and back in spaces were a little tight (pull through sites had more room), but the grounds and showers were clean. During the day, we left after eating breakfast and weren't back until the end of the day, so we didn't spend much time there, but they do have some fun things going on during the day for the kids. We towed our Jeep and used that to get to and from the falls, but the WEGO shuttle has a stop right at the campground. We didn't need it from the campground, but used it up and down the river to different attractions. Shuttles were large, clean and air-conditioned. My suggestion would be rather than unhooking and driving to the falls, leave your MH at the campground and take the WEGO wherever you need to go. If I remember correctly, an adult pass was $18 for two or three days, unlimited use...well worth the money.
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #18
Originally Posted by jgroff View Post
see the link. the rapids view parking lot accepts rv's. $10 to park and they have wego shuttles and some adventure passes that you can purchase to get around depending where you want to go

Niagara Falls and Niagara Parks Parking
Thats what I thought I understood from their site. Thank you for confirming it.
2016 Georgetown 364 TSF
2015 FunFinder 242BDS traded for above
2014 Starcraft 1221 Comet traded for above
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #19
X2 on the Campark campground in Ontario. Stayed there in early July. Good location and on the WeGo route. The Canadian horseshoe falls are more impressive than the American falls. The WeGo was $7.50 for the day with unlimited on/off privileges. The 24 hour day begins the first time you scan your card. Parking close to the falls was $22.50 and I don't think it was for a 24 hour period.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #20
Niagara Falls

I live here in Niagara a stone throw from both the KOA and Campark . I haven't stayed at either one of course I try to get away from here. They both seem to be nice clean campgrounds I drive by them every day. I know the owner of Campark and he seems to run a good business.The trouble with staying on the US side is crossing the boarder. While it is not difficult it is tiresome. Wait times this time of year on the bridges can be stupid some days upwards of an hour. I know I am biased but there are many more things to do on this side. Some attractions are expensive but your dollar is worth at least 1/3 more if exchanged at the right places. The WEGO system of bus shuttles takes you anywhere and connects to the city system as well and they have stops right outside both campgrounds. We haven't had any measurable rain here so the whole region including all camp grounds are under a fire ban. It's a great area with some beautiful thing to see many for for free. I hope you enjoy your visit and yes the destination tax added on to your restaurant/ hotel or what ever bill is not manditory and you can and should refuse to pay it. But that's a discussion for another day

Bagelman is offline   Reply With Quote