Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filterman View Post
May I ask what map program you are using to show your trip segments. I like the clarity of it.

Thx

Filterman

I used Bing Maps to create my route. Can't save them online so I print screen into PowerPoint and save & edit that way.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #62

"""Have to admit I'm loving US gas prices. $2.35 sure beats $4 to $5 especially at 8 mpg. """" Quoted

That $2.35must have been in parts of Newfoundland?????
Gas here in Nova Scotia averages $1.05/$1.10 a litre==to $2.35 US gal or $0.60 a Cdn litre
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #63

Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
"""Have to admit I'm loving US gas prices. $2.35 sure beats $4 to $5 especially at 8 mpg. """" Quoted

That $2.35must have been in parts of Newfoundland?????
Gas here in Nova Scotia averages $1.05/$1.10 a litre==to $2.35 US gal or $0.60 a Cdn litre

Yep. US$2.35/gallon was just across the border in Maine. Up to Can$ 1.29/l in Newfoundland, roughly US$4/gal. My math and currency conversion was off, ~$3-4 US.

Thanks for your input too. Missed you when we toured the Halifax Citadel.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #64

Back home after 2 months and 8800 miles. Enjoyed Maine coast and Acadia NP in particular. What a great trip. The Forester did great!

Off to sunny Florida in a month.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #65

So a quick question to those who traveled to Nova Scotia, I have a 39' class A. Do I bring the toad? My thought is no- In tight spaces I like to be able to back up. But I realize if I have the toad- The rv may not be in those tight spaces. I see myself moving every day, so the toad my be a hassle. Note: I have only 6 days in Nova Scotia.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
So a quick question to those who traveled to Nova Scotia, I have a 39' class A. Do I bring the toad? My thought is no- In tight spaces I like to be able to back up. But I realize if I have the toad- The rv may not be in those tight spaces. I see myself moving every day, so the toad my be a hassle. Note: I have only 6 days in Nova Scotia.

We left our toad home and saw everything we wanted too. We were 30' but didn't have any problems with tight spots but sure easier moving around with toad.

Have fun, beautiful place.