Old 07-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
There is a private campground in the town of killarney. As soon as you pass a sign that reads "Killarney" make a first right. Its called Roche Rouge. I have been there every year since 1990. It is owned by a family, third generation now i think. Very nice people. it is on waterfront, water only. There is outhouses there, but i use my trailers washroom. You are allowed to run small quiet generators.
Not too many people know about this place.

I know about it, it was hot and wet everywhere. We needed hydro and sis not have out generator yet. We do know. We did stay at the Marina they had hydro but good thing I had my surge suppressor hot was on ground. Needless to say I was not impressed.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #22

Ontario Provincial Parks

We are at Inverhuron this weekend. Great cooler weather for a bit of a break.

We Have a tree with many Killdears. Fun listening to them. On the hunt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468712313.249068.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	114302

Old 07-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #23

Spent the weekend at earl rowe fletcher field. The sites are huge, the area is nice but very few of the sites have complete privacy and many of them have fire pits on the right side. The right side sucks for trying to put the door facing the firepit
Old 07-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Oh, I'd visit Killarney. We just wouldn't park the TT there. Based on the pictures on the reservation site it doesn't look like the sites are big enough even if we were willing to camp without electricity. We've been known to stay at a KOA and do day trips to the nearby provincial park. Gives us the best of both worlds.
Killarney has a number of pull-through sites in the "Trailer Court" section that can handle long trailers. That said, some of the turns in that area can be challenging!

http://www.ontarioparks.com/pdf/maps...campground.pdf

Agree it's a long drive out there and not too worth it for 1-2 nights. 1/2 of the road to the park is quite bumpy and best taken by RVs at 50-60 kmh. That's half the reason why it takes so long to get there. But it's a beautiful park.

We were just there a few weeks ago and the raccoons drove us a little buggy. One came up and ripped our screen door trying to get in. If you have a dog, they will come right into your camp site and provoke your pet multiple times per day. They seem to claim free run of the park. We did leave a comment on that when we left - they should be trapped and relocated.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #25
Canadian Member

Because we've always lived east of Toronto, we're only now exploring PPs northwest and west of T.O. Our favourite PP is still Bon Echo but unfortunately with this 32' long TT that we bought last Spring there aren't as many sites that we'll fit on at Bon Echo. That's a problem with many PPs.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #26
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
We were just there a few weeks ago and the raccoons drove us a little buggy. One came up and ripped our screen door trying to get in. If you have a dog, they will come right into your camp site and provoke your pet multiple times per day. They seem to claim free run of the park. We did leave a comment on that when we left - they should be trapped and relocated.
Except for one night at Darlington PP, we haven't had any problems with bold raccoons. We do love it when the chipmunks are tame enough to sit on your lap for a few peanuts!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Because we've always lived east of Toronto, we're only now exploring PPs northwest and west of T.O. Our favourite PP is still Bon Echo but unfortunately with this 32' long TT that we bought last Spring there aren't as many sites that we'll fit on at Bon Echo. That's a problem with many PPs.

We had no problem in the lower campground. First right but bugs ate us alive.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Except for one night at Darlington PP, we haven't had any problems with bold raccoons. We do love it when the chipmunks are tame enough to sit on your lap for a few peanuts!

At Grundy lake first time I left the storage door open. Rocky woke us up at 3 am crawling around in the storage bay. I opened the emergency exit and dropped the door. He exited quickly after that.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #29
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We had no problem in the lower campground. First right but bugs ate us alive.
Do you mean the Mazinaw Campground that's closest to the beach?
https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/BonEcho

We've always had a site in Mazinaw. Never had a site in one of the other campgrounds.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #30

At Rondeau this weekend, site 1, mother raccoon with 4 babies doing the rounds of campsites all weekend. Best of all though was the mother deer and her 2 fawns in the bushes beside our site and wandering around the park.

DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote