Old 07-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #61

Does anyone have any experience with oaster or sturgeon or mikisew?

Old 08-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #62

Anyone been to Grundy lake?

Old 08-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navymike View Post
We went to check out MacGregor PP and the sites are small. However it did have one thing that we hadnt seen before. There were several double sites where two families could rent a site and reside together. The park store and the beaches were ok. IMO we wont be staying there any time soon.

We stay there multiple times a year, in our 35' MH, never have an issue finding a site big enough. I love Inverhuron as well. Mac Gregor is nice in the fall.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navymike View Post
Does anyone have any experience with oaster or sturgeon or mikisew?

Never been to any of these or Grundy myself but would also like to hear what others say about them.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanM View Post
Never been to any of these or Grundy myself but would also like to hear what others say about them.
We have booked into Grundy for the entire week of 13 to 20th so I will definitely have a good feedback on Grundy while we are there. Of course I am also going to check out the other parks in the area.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #66

Thanks Mike!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:58 PM   #67

Grundy is great. Spent 2 weeks there last summer. We had a lakeside pull through. Not much in the way of civilization close by. One small store/baitshop/ice cream/burger joint right on the corner of Hwy 522 and 69, south east corner. Rent canoes and such there as well. I forget if you can buy beer/booze there. Its a bit of a drive to Parry Sound. Hwy 522 Between Grundy and Loring is twisty and bumpy. Take your time if your travelling that way. NOTHING between Grundy and Loring, just bush and water.

Mikisew is a small park near South River. There were rebuilding a comfort station last time I was there. I try and get a site up in the pine tree forest area. Bit more open, but at least you can get a bit more of a breeze if needed. Rough road going into the CG. Lake is very rocky if your taking your own boat. Great bass fishing.

Arrowhead park is very nice as well. Clean, private, I stay in the 200/300 section. Each section (100, 200, 300 etc) is a dead end road with a loop on the end. might be about 20 or so sites on 200. More sites on the higher numbered roads. 800/900's are a bit damp but very private. Very smooth road going into the CG. Your about 15/20 minutes to Huntsville

Champlian Park near Mattawa is very nice as well. Newly rebuilt comfort stations as well. smooth roads. Large lots.

Marten River is nice as well. Right off hwy11 about 40 minute drive north of north Bay. Smooth roads in the park, very private sites available. Some sites along the river have little privacy though. While the river water runs cold most of the year, if it 35*c and humid the cold water is refreshing. Quite "swimable". A general store is located just outside the park entrance, booze/gas/camping supplies, pop/junkfood, fishing stuff/ chip truck/ clothing/souvenirs etc

Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #68
Canadian Member

Thanks for the reviews, dodosmike. Do any of those parks have large sites big enough for a 32' TT or 5er?
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #69

We went back to Rondeau this year after year after a 12 year break. Stayed on site 48 nice pull through just come in from the back side cause the fire pit is on the right. Nice park
Old 08-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #70

We found Rondeau good for Early/Late season camping. Less cottagers going through the camp.

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote