Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #1

Planning a trip - ON to PEI

We're starting to plan our vacation for next year. Leaving from the Cornwall ON area, and heading to PEI to do the lighthouse tour. We will likely be taking Hwy 20 to Hwy 85 (Edmundston NB) and will stop for the night in Riverside RV park. Then head east along NB-2 to take the PEI bridge and land at Twin Shores campgrounds. The only thing we're not too sure about is where the best places would be to stop and refuel along the way. There will be 3 of us in the 'convoy' pulling 30' FWs, so I need to make sure to plan pit stops with enough maneuvering space. Any tips/hints greatly appreciated.
----------------------------------------
DageonYar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DageonYar
We're starting to plan our vacation for next year. Leaving from the Cornwall ON area, and heading to PEI to do the lighthouse tour. We will likely be taking Hwy 20 to Hwy 85 (Edmundston NB) and will stop for the night in Riverside RV park. Then head east along NB-2 to take the PEI bridge and land at Twin Shores campgrounds. The only thing we're not too sure about is where the best places would be to stop and refuel along the way. There will be 3 of us in the 'convoy' pulling 30' FWs, so I need to make sure to plan pit stops with enough maneuvering space. Any tips/hints greatly appreciated.
Are you planing on stopping at Fundy National Park at the same time? We stayed there on our trip out to Nova Scotia.

Make sure that if you go to Fundy that you reserve a campsite ahead of time. Drive past the front gate and go to campground office for your campsite tag. Otherwise you will have to pay an additional daily rate per person in your vehicle for the duration of your stay. Your campsite tag covers you for this.
Chris
Trailer: 2015 Cherokee 274RK
In Past:
2011 Grey Wolf 26RL, 2009 Cikira 19 EXP hybrid, 2008 Clipper 108st (pop-up)
Willybgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #3

We did the trip last summer but I don't have any recomendations as I don't recall having any problems with getting fuel. Every time we needed gas the places were quite accessible. Old Guys
Old 01-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #4

Hwy 20 in Quebec does not have any services on the highway. You will have to leave the main highway for fuel. You should not have any problem here. You will find that there are rest areas about every 50 to 60 k. The highway from Riviere-du-Loup, QC to Edmundston, NB is very hilly and similar to highway 2 in Ont. The highway in NB is new and 4 lane with no services on the highway. You will find Riverside RV park a nice place to stay. When I travel to the east coast I always go through the USA. I find the trip more relaxing (secondary roads compared to 4 lane highways) and the scenery is better. If you go to the east coast by the States I recommend staying at the Kiwanas Oceanside Rv park in St. Andrews. The trip is shorter in milage but takes longer to drive because of the slower roads plus you take advantage of the lower US gas prices.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #5

You're living the dream DageonYar. I can't help much with the fueling but will suggest you mute your GPS when going through NB. The highway construction has been a never ending project and the GPSr maps just can't seem to keep up. The result is a GPSr that constantly leaps between side roads, off-road and highways as you make your way along beeping all the while.

mTn_biKer65

p.s. I have great memories of Twin Shores from being there many times over my 45 years. Watch that quickly rising tide if your venture out for a long beach walk.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Brigitte

Quote:
Didi u do that trip last summer or are u planning it for the coming summer?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Brigitte

Quote:
We are planning a similar trip but unsure of final destination uet, what made u choose twin shore? We r debating between pei and bay of fundy nova scotia. How long do u plan on driving per day?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote