Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #1

Port Elgin - MacGregor Point - This Weekend?

Is anyone in the Port Elgin area (MacGregor Point) area?

We're itching to get out and wanted to know what the weather was like up there? The park staff are telling us the road into the park is still a little rough but they have sites that opened year round.

Jim

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #2

We still have over a foot of snow in Kitchener so I would guess Macgregor would have even more, lots of snow squalls this year. There will be no water except at the brick comfort stations. According to Enviroment Canada we could see snow on Thursday. Be intested to see if someone answers that lives closer.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #3

you must really be chompin at the bit ...
yea .. i would go with happy vibe concerning snow squalls ... dont even want to think what would happen if i would be rving through that ...
in and abouts the same area is algonquin park . i know they have year round sites .. it maybe a bit colder .. but you will be away from any snow squalls. just a thought.

d-mo
Old 04-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #4

Follow-up to MacGregor Point in the very early spring...

Well, it took some time to get the update posted, but here it is!!

We got there in the late afternoon on Friday with some light rain falling. There was still a couple of feet of snow in the bush areas but the roads were plowed and the "pull through" sites had been run through with the plow although the fit was still tight. We pulled in, jacked, extended then got plugged in. It was about 4C with light rain and the ground was slick with ice.

All in all, the Coach was great. The furnace kept us toasty and out first night was spent indoors watching some TV and having a few drinks. We got a light dusting of snow through the night and woke up to -1C temps.

The day cleared nicely and the sun was great, warming us to a balmy 8C. Nice walks, a mid-afternoon stop at the (very clean) comfort station for a great hot shower and a fire at our site from about 4:00pm to 8:30pm till the sun set and it started to get a lot cooler.

We had an enjoyable evening and watched a couple of shows and turned in fairly early.

Sunday was another terrific day and we went for a long walk then pulled out and headed home mid afternoon.

Great time. I'd go back to MacGregor anytime. Site 65 was very nice.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote