Old 01-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Canadian Member
Recommendations for Rockwood Dealers in Ontario

Not sure where I should post this but I'm looking for recommendations on Rockwood dealers here in Ontario for a new or used trailer. With the current exchange rate on the Canadian dollar, there's no advantage going to the U.S. to buy a new unit anymore.

I live 1/2 hour east of Toronto. Closest Rockwood dealer is Mackenzie's in Gormley. I'm looking at new trailers at Terry's Trailer Service in Springmount (near Owen Sound) and Sauders in St. Jacobs.

Can anyone offer an opinion on any of these dealers or recommend another Rockwood dealer in Ontario?

I'd also consider Flagstaff models but there are fewer choices there. 1000 Islands RV in Gananoque and Gimme Shelter in Mono.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
I just bought my TT from Leisure Days in Pembroke. Got a great deal. There is also a dealer in Ottawa. Can't remember the name.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

Ontario, Canada

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:21 AM   #3
Travel-Mor in Ottawa. Purchased mine in 2011 and been happy with it. So far I have not used their maintenance services as I do all the work myself, but also did have any warranty items to get fix by them.

Travel-mor Trailer SalesTravel-mor Trailer Sales Ottawa & Gatineau

Travel Mor Ottawa
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #4
Sauders is my choice. Family run, honest and good service. They have the Rockwood display at Toronto RV Shows, show the most product. Not to mention some really great food available (mennonite) close by.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
It is a little on the far side for you...but
Endless Road RV'S in Ingleside close to Cornwall.
I bought 3 trailers from them, very easy to work with, great prices and their service is excellent.
I am 1 hour drive from them...last year, they came home pick up my unit for service, kept it plugged in at their shop because my fridge was full and drive it back home 2 days later after work was done.
Can't ask any better !
They are small bling-bling like 1000 Island or Travel-Mor...even their web site sucks...but service is excellent and I would highly recommend them.
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #6
I bought my new Rockwood from Mackenzie 7 years ago and the after sale service was a total joke, it was so bad that I refused to take my RV back for warranty work.
I went to Terry's for warranty work and he said and he said he would service RV's purchased at other Rockwood dealers except from MacKenzie but being a nice person he agreed to do my service work. I recommend Terry whenever I can and friends who have bought from him are pleased with the service and pricing.
Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #7
Travel-Mor in Ottawa. Family owned Rockwood dealership. Incredible staff, from the management down to the service and parts departments. Good prices, with none of the b.s. you get from most of the dealers when purchasing. Service department is awesome, fixed flaws in the trailer that went above and beyond what I expected.
I wouldn't go anywhere else, even if it's a bit of a drive for you.
mkillora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #8
call Niagara trailers. they are a rockwood dealer as of 2015. best dealership I have dealt with
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
We ordered our Rockwood TT from Recreational Sales & Storage in Peterborough. We went to trailer shows & talked to sales people at trailer dealers. Got sick of the phone calls & bs. Doug Abbott is the owner/sales person and his wife Ann runs the office. They seem to be very honest & straightforward. We have spoken to other customers who are more than happy with the customer service. I think we got a fair deal on our purchase considering the American dollar. We don't have our TT yet, so not sure about follow up service, but as I said, we've talked to other happy clients.
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #10
As we are in the habit of representing FROG at some nearby trailer shows I am not prepared to recommend or disparage any particular dealers. I will however say that Sauder's always has a huge display at the Toronto shows and there is another show at the end of February at the International Centre. I have also dealt with some of their people on a personal basis as they are also FROGS who attend the Goshen Rally. I have not heard anything bad about them and they are located reasonably close to you in the centre of an area known for hospitality and fair dealing. B and B is right about the food thing too. Lots of good food that "really schmecks". Old Guys

new avatar of Dodge T V coming eventually
old guys is offline   Reply With Quote

dealer, rockwood