Old 07-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

sewer dumping in Ontario Provincial Parks

I have a question for all of the Ontario Provincial Park regulars. This is my first year with the TT. I've gotten used to the black tank dumping process but Iím having trouble freeing any clogs that get trapped at the gate or rinsing out the tank after the flush. Anyone who has camped at a provincial park will know what I'm talking about in regards to how they have the rinse hoses set up. Hoses with non screw on ends(just a cut off hose) with air gap ports in the side in case of back pressure to protect their own water supply from contamination. This set up makes it hard to connect and operate things like the FlushKing or rinsing mechanisms like the tornado flush. I do have a water thief to help connect to screw on type connections but that doesn't help with the lack of water pressure. I just end up spraying water out of these "air gaps". Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
HappyCamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #2

Nope
I have also had issues trying to fill my fresh water tank because i have a screw on connector for that and some of the fresh water hoses don't have ends.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #3

Can you use your own hose?
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #4

I built several sizes of braided plastic hose to facet threads. I use hose clamps to attach to the facet. Some of the facets have aerators, I carry both inside and outside threaded hose adapters for these. I have a water thief but when running 200 ft of hose this just doesn't cut it.

As far as black waste, I use Geo method, fill up with some water and softner before leaving home.
When i get home I use the black flush and dump in a garbage can, Seldom do I get anything nasty out. At the last camp of the year I will run a water hose to fresh water fill and use the black tank flusher.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #5

Are you draining your black tank first then a cleaner run with your gray water?Been to too many parks where others drain their gray water to the ground.Hate seeing the kids play in gray water.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #6

Yes. Then galley grey water last. I don't dump anything. I have blue hauler if needed for long stays.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #7

There are now some provincial parks that have a proper hose that you can attach to the black tank flush system. Also more and more parks are putting in proper fresh water hoses so that you can screw on the water hose to fill the tank. Port Burwell PP for sure has a screw on hose in the right lane of the dump station. Otherwise i take a little portable pump with me so that i can use it to run water into the flush system. Have had to use this pump for filling the fresh water tank at a few PP. I do the Geo method as well but whenever at a PP with the proper hose fitting i always use the tank flush.
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #8

It does seem to be hit and miss as to whether you'll find a usable hose or not. My system is usually give it a rinse if it's there and nobody's waiting and not if the hoses aren't compatible or somebody is waiting. Seems to keep the tank in reasonably good shape for us.

That said I do like the idea of bringing a spare male hose end and a hose clamp to up the odds a bit that you'll be able to do a rinse.

2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote