Old 08-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #11

Yea I wondered what they were thinking. I am considering the optima type when I have to replace mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #12

Hamm123 I am wondering what other little horrors are hidden under there and I would prefer to have a look myself ans fixing any corrosion under there and make sure the wiring didnt take any shortcuts. Every day there are more and problems with Rorest River and Lexington products. We wont have to worry about the Chinese coming into this market, its just a matter of time if this is north Americas best rv producers... God help us all!

Old 11-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #13

I just purchased a 2004 Lexington B plus and am just in the winterizing stage. Removing the batteries is part of the winterizing. I opened the compartment door and closed it again.. Have no idea how I'm going to get them disconnected and out and can only imagine what fun I'll have putting them back in the spring. Any suggestions.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #14

Buddy I had to replace the batteries and I could not find how to remove the batteries either as you can see they do not fit through that small door and there are no slides just a cradle made out of angle iron. I had to take it into RV repair shop and watched the tech loosen the terminal cables and unhook what looked like bunji cords. He slid underneath of to the left of the battery compartment and another tech lifted them one by one out of the cradle and the tech that was underneath then lifted them down individually. Putting them in they just reversed the process.
Try and take a photo of the way the batteries are wired (not easy) or make a drawing of the set up...... the whole process is a total pain and it seems like no thought was given to maintenance.

The batteries aren't really that heavy but try lifting them on your own lying on your back......
Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #15

Thanks RonnieTO, that's just what I thought when I took the first look at it..not at all convenient.. wonder if someone has tried modifying it.. Going to take another look at it tomorrow if its not raining.. will definitely take pictures before starting. Can't see leaving the batteries in there all winter here in NB.

Tags
255, lexington, slide, battery