Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
RV Nomad

2005 Lexington - Is roof EPDM or TPO

I plan on hiring someone to clean and coat the roof of my 2005 Lexington 255GTS. Prior to starting, I need a definitive answer about the type of roof the coach has. Is it EPDM or TPO? Please DO NOT refer me to the Dicor roof video as I have tried it and my roof vent does not look anything like the vent shown in the video nor can I climb a ladder (bad knees) to remove the roof trim to see if the backing is black or some other color. I am 80% certain that it is EPDM but that 20% uncertainty is nagging me.

If you have successfully coated your roof, what product did you use? If you have unsuccessfully coated your roof, what product would you advise not using. Thanks.
olygene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #2

You might want to check before hiring someone. I believe your Lexi has a one piece fiberglass roof. Not 100% sure as I don't know what year they started comming with the one piece roof.
If it is, you shouldn't have to "recoat" it, just a good cleaning and repair any cracks, and go over all the caulked joints to see if they need replacing.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #3

My 2008 is a fiberglass roof!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Commercial Member

The regular (non GTS) Lexington had a rubber roof in 2005. The GTS version had a fiberglass roof.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #5

Thats what I thought also, and the OP states his unit is a 255gts. Says he's got bad knees, so he might never have been up top to check.
Grympy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
RV Nomad

Thank you for your quick responses. I'll have the caulking checked and look for any apparent cracks. I have a leak somewhere on the roof...now I just have to find it.
olygene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington, roo, roof