Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #1

2006 283GTS Info

Just signed the papers yesterday to trade 5th wheel for a 2006 283GTS with 7,500 miles on it. A little late, but what has changed or been added from 2006 to 2008 models of the 283GTS?
Snellville-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #2

I can answer myself now that I've had a chance to get out for a week. Need to get roof recaulked - had a couple of leaks in heavy rain storm. Found out where the generator kill switch is for the electrics - hidden near the oil fill opening. I still like the unit, but like all the RV's I've had anything to do with, you have to use them and found out what needs repairing (new or used).

Out of 67 views no one wants to say anything?
Snellville-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

Sometimes, new people get overlooked, thus the "welcome mat" forum.

So let me be the first to welcome you to FRF!

Unlike "that other forum" when people here don't know the answer, they don't put up a bunch of junk and try to be cute. I guess out of 67 people, no one knew the answer to your question. I sure have no clue.

Snellville GA?? In that case I'm your neighbor down in Fayetteville. And I'm breaking in a brand new rig myself, so we have two things in common.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #4

can't help too much, but...

We bought a 2008 model ( really a 2007 Ford) but I don't know anything about the 2006. The price had dropped closer to our range I guess because of the gas cost now and only us fols are buying
We have used it 3 times and now back to the dealer for some fix up..the usual Concertone stuff etc. So far not much we haven't liked and so far my fear of leaks has fortunately not happened . We got an optional small inverter and it is installed bizarrely under the front seat so tyou have to get on your knees to find the off switch- we thought about getting a remote switch installed that someone on the board here suggested but we are afraid it might void our warranty...I guess we'll continue to crawl around.
I try to check in about once a week--not too many Lexington owners here--keep posting and good luck!
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington