Old 06-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #1

2007 Lexington 235 - first trip

Just returned from a 1500 mile trip with the Lexington 235. The Chevy drives like a dream. It so much easier than the Ford E450 that I had on a Coach House 272XL. I could drive the 235 all day without feeling like I'd been in a marathon wrestling match. It's not a lot different than driving my Silverado.

My gas mileage varied from tank to tank with a low of 10+ and a high of decimal points away from 13. Overall average was 11+. Can't complain about that at all.

The big surprise was the black tank. It was inches away from a nasty surprise. My wife was using the sink for her morning rituals and had drained it a couple of times. I hadn't emptied the black tank for a few days because we've never filled one even on a 4-5 day camping trip. I walked by the bathroom and smelled something a little funky. I flipped the lid on the toilet seat and was greeted with a murky, smelly green surprise. One more drained sink and the spouse would have been standing in it. Anyway, now I know that the sink drains to the black tank, but I almost learned it the hard way.

On the whole, I have to give the Lexington 235 high marks for mileage, handling, maneuverability, and driving comfort. Sleeping accommodations are less than ideal, but the advantages of the 235 are worth it.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

Can't believe sink drains to black tank... It's classified as gray water isn't it?? I had a 2006 Lexington and it didn't drain into the black tank....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Can't believe sink drains to black tank... It's classified as gray water isn't it?? I had a 2006 Lexington and it didn't drain into the black tank....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yes, it's gray water but black or gray it goes into the same port at the dump station. I've read about other RV's having similar setups.

To be sure, I double checked today by completely draining the black tank then putting several gallons of water through the sink drain. The sink does indeed drain to the black tank. That's a good thing - as long as you know about it.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #4

You should have one outlet for dumping with one handle to drain the black tank and another to drain the grey tank. Perhaps someone removed the gray tank valve? As far as I know, most all rv's have two tanks. Crawl underneath and see if you see a 1 1/2 inch drain pipe leading into the larger black tank pipe.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #5

Bob - I have both a gray and a black tank. I was just surprised that the sink drains to the black tank. The shower and the kitchen sink, on the other hand drain to the gray tank as expected. Draining the sink to the black tank makes sense. The sink is closer the black tank that the gray tank and it also creates a better balance between the tanks since the gray tank gets filled much faster.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

ok that makes sense. Never thought of it that way.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #7

just checked mine - the bathroom sink drains into the black tank. I always thought the black tank was for the toilet only. Guess its a good idea as they say the gray tank fills up faster and you need a little more water in the black. So I'm good with it.

Tags
lexington