Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

2007 Lexington 300SS

We were close to closing the deal on a 2015 Sunseeker but after some reflection we aren't sure buying new is a great idea being this is our first MH.
Just found a used 2007 Lexington 300SS with @22,000 miles on it. Price is @$44K so much cheaper then new. Floor plan is okay but you sacrifice when not buying new.
So we are thinking this may be a good coach to introduce us to the RV lifestyle.
Any input on this coach appreciated, things/defects we should be looking for, etc.
Currently bummed we didn't purchase the new 3010DS but we can always upgrade later...retired got the itch to wander...just want to wander safely with minimum problems!
Thanks
HDShovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
ND, just curious where you found this Lexington? I just traded one in with same mileage and in excellent condition. I traded in Melbourne, Fl.. I absolutely loved the Lexington but wife wasn't happy with size. It got around 8 mpg and 7 mpg towing a jeep wrangler. We just replaced the front Television with a 32" smart tv. We had all new brakes and new entertainment center put in. The Lexington handled very well, you can tell when being passed by 18 wheelers but nothing to keep from buying it. Let me know your decision. If I can be of help don't hesitate to yell. BRUCE

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Yankee View Post
ND, just curious where you found this Lexington?
This particular unit is in central Iowa. These things do move around but kind of doubt it is your old one. Guess I could check the VIN if you still have it. Thanks for your input!
HDShovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:33 AM   #4

lexi

not the same one, they just sold mine down here last week.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
Old 03-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #5

IMO: First RV like first car or child. Throw away model to make mistake on and justify newer version.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #6

Maybe I'm off base but $44,000 sounds very high for an 8 year old motorhome, even though a Lexington is supposedly upscale. Our local dealer had a selling price posted for a new Sunseeker 3100 around $60,000 recently. Other models were priced similarly, but that's the one I remember.

Think hard about the price, get it down, or keep looking. You may be better off buying new if that's the best you can find used. That's what happened in our case. We bought a much better coach new for about $15,000 more than our best find that was 6 years old. It was worth the difference to us. Maybe at another time or place we could have found a good deal on a used one, but we couldn't when we were looking.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #7

I don't know but the dealer gave me $58,800 for mine with 16,000 miles.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
Old 03-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #8

Can't make a meaningful comment on price as we are Canadian. We paid roughly $60k for our 05 283 GTS three years ago with similar mileage. We like it very much. Just spent two months in Florida and the opposing slides give a nice open feel in a small rig. Very pleased with ours. We went to it from a fifth wheel and diesel truck and never regretted the decision. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington