Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #1

2008 Lexington GTS 255 DS

Hi everyone-

My wife and I are looking into purchasing a 2008 255 DS. I have been reading about people having leaks in their roofs and slides. I am wondering what experiences people have had with this model, and also aren't these fiberglass roofs seamless?
BernieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #2

I bought a 2006 Lexington 283 and it has seams on the roof. All you have to do is climb the ladder in the back and you can see if it has seams. My roof did leak, but the dealer did a complete recaulk of the top after I took a trip and it leaked. I've had several different types and ages of RV's in the last several years and they all have problems, when you first get them. And that is with new and used units. Got to use it and find out what needs fixing. If you can pay a extra $100,000 you can get a Coachouse that has a complete fiberglass body.
Snellville-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Site Team

Good maintenance is the key to preventing problems. Any unit can have issues but most all can be prevented by proper maintenance. Check you caulking at regular intervals. check your seals and you'll catch things before they become real problems. If you're really concerned make it a clause in the purchase agreement that the dealer check and recaulk before you take delivery.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #4

The Lexington GTS line has a fiberglass roof to address the problem.
Bernie, sent you a private message.
elderlyphart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
255, lexington