Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1

2011 Lexi GTS 265 back up camera

The back up camera continues to malfunction. Two days ago coming from about 150 miles to home we had nothing but a blue screen. Not good when towing a toad! This the the first time this happened. The camera has had problems since we bought the MH. Usually, the camera switches into menu mode and starts changing things, reverse image, camera 1 to 2 (there is only one camera) and anything else on the menu. I cannot tell who made the unit and have no owners manual for it. (one of the missing manuals). WE are going on a extended trip this summer and I am not comfortable with the reliability of this thing. The 2012 models appear to have a different camera system. Anyone have good luck or bad luck with their 2012. Is mine the only 2011 which has problems. BTW, when we got to the house, it decided to work correctly. What do you tell the dealer??
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Tell them just that...

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
MovinSue

You asked if anyone had had any issues and the answer is YES. I have had nothing but problems with my 2011 Lexi 265 DS camera. Got a manual from FR factory sent as an email attachment. The warranty covered replacement of a part and then the entire camera but there was still a problem after new camera installed. Dealer tore the wiring out and replaced it--all under warranty. Camera now works but is still virtually useless except on a cloudy day. It was supposed to be color and the menu is, indeed, in color-- but the picture itself is B & W. In daylight, there is insufficient contrast to get any kind of helpful picture. A total waste of money. Who would even manufacture a backup cam in B & W? FR must have bought this from a parts factory in China! If I were to do it all over again, I would NOT buy this option from factory as I could buy one on EBAY for 1/5 of the price that actually worked as advertised. I have simply modified my behavior around the useless piece of junk. Good luck with your camera issue.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies, Today I spent some time "playing" with the camera. I found I was able to "get' the blue screen thru the menu. The screen has a "AV2" in the top right corner while the correct screen has a "AV1" in that location. Both identifiers go away after a few seconds. I assume the AV1 and AV2 are for different cameras. I also found 4 different "looks" at the screen. The normal one has "SYS1" on it. There is an upside down version and a mirror image one and I forgot what the 4th is. Wonder what these are for? Movinonsue, can you attach the manual FR sent you or identify the manufacturer? Now, I am not sure if I actually have a problem or not!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
MovinSue

rearviewcaRvmera.pdf

I have never attached anything in a Reply so if this doesn't work, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT

Old 06-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
col

I have a 2011 Lexington 295 which I imported to Australia my camera stopped working and i need a new one not getting any joy from dealer does Forest River parts dept have an email address COL
col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #7

My problem ended up beng a defective camera. Worked with April Conner at FR (excellent person to work with).
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
col

camera no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
My problem ended up beng a defective camera. Worked with April Conner at FR (excellent person to work with).
Do you have an email address for April Conner at F.R. THANKS COL
col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #9

COL:

PM sent
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
MovinSue

pop: do you actually have a color picture? If so, I would also like to have April's contact number.

I sure hate to go another round with the camera but, as a solo female traveler, the camera is a safety issue which has not yet resolved.

Indeed, I just sustained a bumper bump on a backup because of inability to see monitor detail.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT

Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #11

Sue, yes I have a color picture. My Lexi does not have the same system as yours or at least it is not the same system as the owners manual you sent me. Mine is the system that your system replaced!! I will PM you Ms Conner's email address.

POP

Tags
back up camera