Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #1

After 5 years still fighting same problems.

I still get complements on the good looks of my 2009 295 GTS. Problems I had 5 years ago seem to come back. But if I can get them to hold for another 5 years that will be fine. The biggest problem is with the slide outs. On the passenger slide out the opening in the side of the coach is to narrow on the front top. There is not enough space for the wipe seal to tuck in as the slide goes in or out. I did put a new wiper seal & trimmed it shorter on the top. But eventually it will catch & tear.
On both of the slide outs the bottom outer trim just isn't right. Both developed water leaks. The dealer fixed the passenger side by reattaching it to the bottom of slide out & a better job of caulking. I fought with a water leak on the other side & finally got the leak to stop. But there was way to much flex on the bottom when the slide out was all the way in. It is hard to dig into these problems when you're full timing living in campgrounds between MN & AZ. Finally bought a large shed with living quarters so I could dig in these problems. The only things holding the bottom trim was a small screw on each corner cap & caulk ! Water had rusted out the bottom screws! So if your bottom trim on a slide out is pushing out on bottom with the slide out in, you have problems!!
Concertone 600 couldn't be nursed along anymore. Replacing it with a
GT-3.0. I know, I know! Another 5 years is all I ask?
There are other issues but this post would go on & on. It keeps me busy staying ahead of things but the rig sure does look nice.
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I would look to your slide alignment. Mine was doing similar and the alignment was way out causing all of the above issues
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote