Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #11
Captain Capps
Send a message via Skype™ to silica
Yes I tow ford escape
I have traveled 9 k and found front tires on towed vehicle wear twice as much as rear tires. Excessive wear. I'm curious if that's standard problem for others.

silica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #12

I don't think it is standard.I have friend who towed a Honda crv who had that problem but, I have towed several diff. cars and never had a problem.

garyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
I've towed three different vehicle when no adverse wear except the time I did not unlock the steering.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Last year we were towing a 2 dr Wrangler with a 2011 Lexi 265./ Towed well with no problems. This year we are towing a 2012 Jeep liberty with a 2014 Lexi 300. Again no problems but the liberty is over 1000# heavier than the wrangler so I do feel it more. Penalty is approx. 1 Mpg.
2014 Lexington GTS 300
2012 Jeep Liberty Toad
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #15
We tow a 2013 Edge with a 2011 283. Just had airbags installed on coach, and immediately felt a difference. When we resume travel next year, may consider a steering stabilizer of some sort, but right now, the airbags helped with rockin' and rollin'. Also installed a Toad Charger on Edge. Mileage equal to what others have shared, but we need a vehicle of some size for side travel, so expected the gas sacrifice.

dougpatz is offline   Reply With Quote