Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1

Can a 265 dinette fit in 255 couch slide?

Since it seem almost impossible to find a Ford (gas) 255DS with a dinette option installed, does anyone know (1) if a 265 U-shaped dinette could be fitted into the 255 couch slide and (2) if Forest River would have such a dinette for sale. Alternately, does anyone have a 255DS for sale with the dinette option installed?

Ron

Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If you're buying new, you could inquire through the dealer if the 255DS could be ordered with the U-shaped dinette.

When we ordered our current camper, the factory was very accommodating to do a few unique changes for us. We found however, that very few dealers we interested in any kind of special order request.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
GM

There is no longer a 255 being built. The 255ds only had a full bed, so it was redesigned, so we could fit a Queen bed, so it became the 265.

U-shape won't fit. The 255 dinette was 68", the 265 U-shape is 76"
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Thank you. The follow-up question is: where might I find a 255 dinette stored?

Ron
P.S. I've never done forums and I think I missed a key stroke back there somewhere.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongouldsr View Post
Thank you. The follow-up question is: where might I find a 255 dinette stored?

Ron
P.S. I've never done forums and I think I missed a key stroke back there somewhere.
Sorry, not quite sure what you're asking. Are you looking for a used 255 with a dinette? Or a place to buy a dinette for a 255?

The problem with retrofitting a dinette into a 255 with a sofa is that the slide floor is not the same. With the sofa, the slide floor is shorter, so it does not extend out to support the entire dinette. You would have to add on to the slide floor before you install the dinette.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #6

So glad you are with me on this. We have been looking for a good-value, used 255DS with the dinette installed. So far we have located only a Ford diesel with a dinette. 265s are too new and expensive for our budget. So...this led me to wonder if we could buy one of the many 255s with couches, remove the couch and put in a dinette. I appreciate you technical reponses; they seem to indicate that my idea simply won't work. We rented and drove a 255 with couch on a 4-week trip around the Western States. We grew to believe the dinette option would have been better. It is amazing how only the diesel has shown up after many, many internet searches. Further advice and comment will be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
GM

It can be done, I have seen a dealer do it, but.... it doesn't always go smoothly. To do it right, you need to weld on an extension to the slide floor. You can always build the dinette to cantilever out over the slide floor, but again it would be a custom dinette at that point and its not for the average joe. Let me see if I can call around to a few of my dealers and see if they have any leads on a 255 with a dinette.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #8

Thank you, thank you. Got your next message as well. I'm going to give them a call. I'm guessing the guy pinned the table to the slider wall; curious how he/she arranged the two posts.

Tags