Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #1

Checking tire pressure

Man oh man... What a pain in the butt... Checking tire pressure on rear dual tires is crazy... Can't get to valve stem on outside tire because of direction it's facing..., Tried finding valve stem extenders but after trying three different shaped ones (none would fit) I gave up on that idea... Finally took MH to tire dealer where I bought full set of radials and they ended up having to remove wheelcover
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Here is the unit I use on my inside duals

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #3

i bought some flexable ones that screwed on one end and clamped to the side of the rim on the other. turned out the al rims were too thick for the clamp. i was going to screw tire pressure monitors on them. i'm back to using the old manual standby.
if u run across the 6" braided flexible extenders, pay close attention to ur rim thickness before buying. the will work on the standard steel rim.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #4

Those work for the inside tires.... (currently have them installed). It's the outside one that are causing me problems.....
Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
Here is the unit I use on my inside duals

Sorry I meant this works for outside and inside. Of course I have mags and steel stems.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #6

Thanks oneton... I'll see if I can find some and give them a try... It's definitely not going to work removing the steel wheel-cover everytime I want t ck tire pressure....
Old 06-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Those work for the inside tires.... (currently have them installed). It's the outside one that are causing me problems.....
yep, i see ur point, tried to apply ur problem to my truck. i would recomend pressure sending units but i have had an issue with them loosening and creating the flat (still use them). mine screw on the valve stem.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #8

Thanks.... Had the "flat" issue when I tried valve extensions... Great feeling to go out next morning and find flat tires... Nothings easy I guess....
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Reverse chuck as shown in the picture is the way to go. We use "Air-Flex" for the inside duals now which work great. There is no pressure IN the extension so if it breaks, no flat.

We have tried several angled extensions for the outer wheel, but they turn too easy and get loose. They are pressurized, so when that happens....flat tire. You need to either monitor them very closely, or use no extension and a reverse chuck as shown.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote