Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

coiling methods for 30 amp cord and fresh water hose

New to RVing.

I'm really looking for devices other RVer's are using to keep them coiled up and take up as little space as possible.
When its cold out side it can be a bear to coil them up and I had seen a posting somewhere showing different storage methods people used to keep the hoses and power cables neat and tightly wound up.

Home depot has flat fresh water hoses but their not in a holder/device that you could reel it up and the one I had seen before online was over $145.

Of course the power cable from the RV is connected at one end to the RV so it would be difficult to find a way to easily roll it up on a device of some sort.

2006 Lexington 283GTS
ostbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #2

The previous owner of our Lexington installed a cheap garden hose rack for the power cord which works really well similar to this one

"https://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Garden-Products-691-2-Butler/dp/B00116SHUM/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1492547708&sr=8-31&keywords=garden+hose+holder"

For the water hose they put 2 J hooks which I do not like since the hose always falls off. In a recent post someone talked about Teknor Apex Zero-G RV and Marine hose see

"www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-4002-25-Zero-G-Hose/dp/B01E38IB3M/ref=pd_sim_86_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01E38IB3M& pd_rd_r=PTSFWW119M3X9Q2T1038&pd_rd_w=hTshU&pd_rd_w g=izTUs&psc=1&refRID=PTSFWW119M3X9Q2T1038"

The hose has great ratings so we just ordered 2. Since they are flat I am going to keep them in one of the 5 gallon Lowes buckets I carry.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water