Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #1

ducted air question

This is the first time we have ran the air . Sitting here in Cut Bank,MT. 82 degrees & need the air. Cooling is good but not much air flow out of driver's side ceiling ducts. Thoughts?
Also AC voltage is just inside the green at 114 volts. Oh yes, the wife just got done using the 1500 watt hair dryer with air going. No tripped circiut breaker, even with the lower voltage.
PS,
Don't take hwy 2 across northern ND. Very wet! Also with the oil drilling & other constructon. It's a zoo around Williston! Gas prices are 30 cents a gallon higher!!
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #2

Yup! most AC units do not have enough air flow to push any cooling thought those restrictive ducts. I have found that I get better cooling by closing the ducts and pushing the air directly out of the AC.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Yup! most AC units do not have enough air flow to push any cooling thought those restrictive ducts. I have found that I get better cooling by closing the ducts and pushing the air directly out of the AC.
We do the same thing.
I use a small floor fan to push cool air up to the bedroom.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote